• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bogies ?!?

MurphysMummy

Just wondering.. Why does Murphy have bogies!? He only gets them in one nostril and when he has them he sniffs a lot and licks his nose constantly. I don't know if he gets them due to the gunk he gets in his dry eye as he cleans his eye and licks his paw.. Which means he eats the gunk! Yuk! Usually I get a damp tissue and wipe them out but I just wondered why do dogs get bogeys?

Hi there. I don't know why dogs get boogers (lol lol, that's what I call them), I've actually never seen/heard of it before. Maybe he has allergies? I noticed my Bobby has very gunky eyes in the summer, but right now he's fine. I clean both Bobby's and Belle's eyes every other day with a warm damp cloth and they're grand. In the summer, Bobby was constantly gunky, so I'm thinking he was allergic to something... don't know.

Lol, boogers! Well it could possibly be an allergy.. But he gets them quite irregularly so I'm really not sure. Doesn't bother him much so I'll just stick to wiping his nose :)

Our guy often has a runny rose, especially on warm or windy days coming inside from the garden. It's just a clear liquid that accompanies a few
sneezes usually. He didn't have goopy eyes until he began teething and also has tear stain.

The vet did mention that it's not the actual runny nose, it's what colour the discharge is.

Back