PDA

View Full Version : A new year, a new cavalier club for pet owners.

Margaret C
1st January 2012, 11:44 PM
The membership forms have gone out today to those that expressed an interest in the Companion Cavalier Club.

Unfortunately we will have to wait a little longer for our website, as Steve our clever IT man proved not to be so brilliant when using a log splitter.

:oops:

His finger is slowly healing. Get well soon Steve. :flwr:

To give a little taste of what is to come Steve has managed to put together a home page for us ........... www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk (http://www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk)

To read a little more about the idea behind the club............
http://www.cavaliertalk.com:80/forums/showthread.php?39927-A-new-club-for-cavalier-owners

Sabby
2nd January 2012, 12:35 AM
Like the home page.

Poor Steve. Hope your finger heals quickly.

JessieAndMe
2nd January 2012, 01:31 AM
Cute graphics, really fresh looking.
Is it for only those in your area that can meet up, or can anyone join?

Sydneys Mom
2nd January 2012, 02:01 AM
Oh No! Hope Steve has a speedy recovery.

Margaret C
2nd January 2012, 10:42 AM
Cute graphics, really fresh looking.
Is it for only those in your area that can meet up, or can anyone join?

Overseas members are really welcome. Contact secretary@companioncavalierclub.co.uk for a membership form or send a PM to Sandrac here on CT.

There will be a members page where you can put photos of your cavaliers.

We also intend to use members' photos to illustrate the website and quite a few members are writing short articles about their dogs to go on the various pages.

Charlifarley
2nd January 2012, 01:00 PM
Best of luck with the club, I'm sending off for an a membership form today. The home page looks great too -and I'm sure I've seen those lovely doggy faces before :p

Jasperxxgabby
2nd January 2012, 03:07 PM
That is great, I will ask for a membership form today :)

Hope Steve recovers soon.

Karen and Ruby
2nd January 2012, 06:55 PM
Best of luck with the club, I'm sending off for an a membership form today. The home page looks great too -and I'm sure I've seen those lovely doggy faces before :p

Oh I've just had a look- I feel like a really proud Mummy!!!

The club will be great and the more the merrier!!

Exciting times ahead!!!

Karlin
2nd January 2012, 07:04 PM
It looks wonderful! :cool:

Karen and Ruby
2nd January 2012, 07:13 PM
If anyone wants to read a bit more on the aims and objectives of the Club and a bit of info about us then please have a look and join the facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/companioncavaliers/#!/groups/companioncavaliers/

Brian M
3rd January 2012, 07:43 PM
Hello Margaret

Email received ,form printed and posted with c/e .Will somebody mail me about the bandana's as I
cant have one can I so I need to buy three more.

Margaret C
3rd January 2012, 07:54 PM
Hello Margaret

Email received ,form printed and posted with c/e .Will somebody mail me about the bandana's as I
cant have one can I so I need to buy three more.

Hello Brian,

Send Sandrac a PM about the extra bandanas.

They will be sent out once the memberships are agreed on 19th January.

Margaret C
13th January 2012, 11:54 PM
I hope you are keeping an eye on the website: www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk (http://www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk) Still fairly basic and nowhere near finished, with lots more pages aand articles to go up, but the activities and events page is beginning to take shape.

The calendar will eventually be kept updated with all different type of events.

There are articles by Sandra & Sabine on KC Companion Dog Training and Rally Agility. Does anyone else want to write a short article for the obedience and agility section due to go up soon?

Brian, there is a pair of sparkling eyes :flwr: you will recognise on the bottom of each page.

Karen and Ruby
14th January 2012, 12:22 AM
Hi Margaret.

I've started writing a bit about agility and have already sent pictures to Tania a while back but it would be nice to get some input from others so I'll send mine as back up incase nothing else is put forward. Maybe if someone has experience of KC agility as I only do BAA.

Autaven
14th January 2012, 01:28 AM
I compete in agility with my oldest cavalier and will start with my youngest when he reaches 18 months. We run in Kennel Club regulated shows if that is what you're looking for? If I can do anything at all to help please let me know.

I've PMed Sandra about joining and I'm off to check out the site just now - it looks brillant!

Karen and Ruby
14th January 2012, 10:08 AM
Yes would be great I,m sure. Just write a couple of paragraphs of how you got started along with any photos you have. About your dogs and whats it brings to the enjoyment of your life with your Cavaliers. I'll PM my email address to you to send it to so we can get it on the website x
Thanks very much s

Alana
14th January 2012, 10:40 AM
May I please have a membership form?

Autaven
14th January 2012, 12:28 PM
Yes would be great I,m sure. Just write a couple of paragraphs of how you got started along with any photos you have. About your dogs and whats it brings to the enjoyment of your life with your Cavaliers. I'll PM my email address to you to send it to so we can get it on the website x
Thanks very much s

I have written a couple of paragraphs on my dogs and why we love taking part in agility - if you could PM me your email address I'll send it on and you can see if it's the kind of thing you're looking for.
Thank you!

Sabby
14th January 2012, 02:47 PM
Just looked at the events page.
Margaret, I am so pleased that you managed to fit in everything in regards to the Rally Obedience.

Karen and Ruby
14th January 2012, 04:31 PM
May I please have a membership form?

If you go to the website you can download the membership form from there

www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk

Margaret C
14th January 2012, 08:18 PM
If you go to the website you can download the membership form from there

www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk (http://www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk)

We will be able to accept Paypal from next week, so if they wish members can send off their form to Secretary Sandra without worrying about how to send the subscription. She will let them know the account details and the payment can be made electronically.

Another feature that I hope will be up soon is 'Pet of the Month' and will feature a cavalier that has really helped to turn their owner's life around.

If your cavalier has made a real difference in your life, and you think he/she deserves to be featured, then let me know.

Margaret C
23rd January 2012, 07:52 PM
The first Companion Cavalier Club Members should have received emails confirming their membership today.
We are still tweaking the website www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk (http://www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk) and need more photos from members to add interest to the site :snap: so have a look in your photo albums.

Your embroidered bandanas will be posted soon, for a preview see them modelled on the Club Information page :cool: ( I have to admit our blenheim model does not look terribly impressed ) and we have our first 'Pet of the Month' on the Home page. A rosette will soon be on the way to Rosie's owner.

HollyDolly's story, also on the front page, can be read as a cold weather warning h*lpand/or an illustration on how to know when you have met Mr Right :l*v:

Karlin
24th January 2012, 12:16 AM
Great news Margaret! have to get my printer working to send off a form for me and a neighbour. :)