PDA

View Full Version : Dandruff

Calandra
2nd January 2012, 06:23 PM
Happy New Year All!

My Chloe Louise has a lot of fine dandruff in her fur. I didn't notice it until I had her under a lamp and looked very closely at her black fur. I don't see it in normal light when I look at her. (She's 15 weeks old.)

Is this a normal winter thing, or should I be concerned? I don't bathe her often - only if there is a poop-accident, and we haven't had one of those in about a month.

PS - Chloe is good about pottying outside now. (When I first got her, I didn't think she'd ever potty outside! :)) She is also good about using her potty pads inside, but unfortunately she still doesn't know the difference between my carpet and her potty pads. :( Found poop in my dining room this morning. :( My fault - it happened while she was waiting for me to take her outside this morning after she awoke. So, she still needs supervision - and taken to the appropriate potty area when she first awakes. At this point, it's hard to imagine her being truly housebroken, but hopefully it will come - just like pottying outside did. :)

Any suggestions/ feedback about the dandruff will be appreciated!

BrooklynMom
3rd January 2012, 03:03 AM
At 15 weeks old, she sounds like she is doing great and right on track for house breaking! It takes a while, and it probably won't fully happen (I.e. An accident here and there) until she is about a year. It seems like it will never happen, then one day its like "click"!!! :)

As for dandruff, I use a leave in deep conditioner (that is really made for the skin not fur) on Brooky and leave it on for 5 min. That helps, you do t even really need to rinse it much, it's like lotion. It's called PAW sensitive skin conditioner, you can see it here: http://www.paw4pets.com/products/sensitive-skin-conditioner

:)

Calandra
3rd January 2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks so much for the encouragement BrooklynMom. :)

I'll check out that conditioner and see if it helps.

At 15 weeks old, she sounds like she is doing great and right on track for house breaking! It takes a while, and it probably won't fully happen (I.e. An accident here and there) until she is about a year. It seems like it will never happen, then one day its like "click"!!! :)

As for dandruff, I use a leave in deep conditioner (that is really made for the skin not fur) on Brooky and leave it on for 5 min. That helps, you do t even really need to rinse it much, it's like lotion. It's called PAW sensitive skin conditioner, you can see it here: http://www.paw4pets.com/products/sensitive-skin-conditioner

:)