• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello!

Another new member here! Just wanted to say thanks for all the info, it has helped us lots. We have 3 cavaliers between 2 households (including sophie the sofa loafer who signed up - she is so cuddly!). One is 10 years old and we really wanted to find out about older cavaliers - so relieved to see so many pics of older dogs than her doing so well on your photo galleries! The newest is a puppy who has a murmur and we were just told she might be fine or she might be dead by 6 months - but again we're relieved to read about the possibility of it being a flow murmur. Even if it is more serious, we're just going to enjoy every day. A bit nervous today - pup is off to be desexed, but hoping that the anaesthetic all goes ok!!!

Welcome. I also have one who was diagnosed with a murmur at 4 months old. He wore a Holter monitor for 24 hours (it was the funniest thing). He also has 2nd degree intermittent A-V heart block. He sees the cardiologist once a year but it hasn't changed since that time. He is 4 and 1/2 now and it is still a grade 1. He is still full of energy and is on no medication. Hopefully you'll be able to tell a story like that in four more years.

I also have an almost 11 year old, who is definitely slowing down. But he is healthy - had cervical spine decompression surgery at age 9 and acted like a puppy after the surgery. He has no murmur - actually my three older dogs have all been to see the cardiologist within the last year and all three are murmur free. Amazing when you think of the odds for cavaliers.

Let us know how the pup does after surgery.

Back