PDA

View Full Version : Daisy

sins
6th January 2012, 01:41 PM
It's hard to type this,even though it was expected.
We had to let her go to the bridge.
I know the staff at Gilabbey did everything possible for her and are just so caring and dedicated.
I'm just heartbroken.
Sins

linderbelle
6th January 2012, 01:52 PM
Oh Sins I am so sorry. My heart aches for your loss and you know I'm right with ya. I hope Abbey & Daisy are together. I pray they are. I wish I could get on a plane right now and come to Ireland and we just hold each other and get each other through this. My prayers are with you and you know I understand fully.

Love my Cavaliers
6th January 2012, 01:54 PM
Oh Sins, there's nothing easy about it even when you expect it. You always hold out hope for a miracle. I'm so sorry. We're all heartbroken with you. There's just so much sorrow. Be at peace sweet Daisy.

Karen and Ruby
6th January 2012, 02:00 PM
This is such a tough start to the year at the forum x Um so so sorry Sins. You did everything you could x I hope to that Abbey and Daisy have found each other and are forever friends x x

emmastewartliberty
6th January 2012, 02:11 PM
I am so so sorry. Knowing something of what you are going through my heart goes out to you so much. I just hope that knowing that you did everything you could can bring some crumb of comfort.

Brian M
6th January 2012, 02:17 PM
Oh Sins

The news we all dreaded we are all so sorry .

Ruth
6th January 2012, 02:18 PM
You have been on such a long journey with Daisy and have been there for her every step of the way. Sometimes the odds are just so heavily stacked against these wonderful little ones, but you did the right thing by her at the end when the odds were just too great to surmount. I am desperately sorry Sins.

Run free dear sweet Daisy.

Jan Bell
6th January 2012, 02:23 PM
I am so sorry to hear this news. We are thinking of you.

Jan

Sydneys Mom
6th January 2012, 02:29 PM
I'm so sorry Sins. Sweet Daisy, may she rest in peace--pain free.

BrooklynMom
6th January 2012, 02:31 PM
I'm so sorry Sins:( May Daisy run free, hugs and prayers to you x

KCB
6th January 2012, 02:34 PM
Sins, so sorry to hear this news. You have done everything possible for her during her life and given her the best care possible. I loved to see her cheeky face in the gallery. Far too young to go to the Bridge. Sending hugs to you, your husband, children and the other two dogs. May Daisy rest in peace and run pain free with all our cavaliers at the Bridge.

Kim N
6th January 2012, 02:38 PM
Sins, you don't know me as I am new to the forum but I have been watching Daisy's story and wanted to tell you how very sorry I am for you and your families loss. Rest in peace now sweet Daisy.

Kathleen
6th January 2012, 02:47 PM
Oh Sins, I'm so sad to hear this news, you must be devastated. Run free sweet Daisy, there are many friends waiting for you. I'm thinking of you Sins.xxx

Sydney
6th January 2012, 02:49 PM
Sins,

We are so sorry for your loss. May Daisy run free and young again at the Rainbow Bridge. We wish you comfort and love during this most difficult time and send you a long distance hug. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ruby, Sydney, and Duncan in Virginia

Margaret C
6th January 2012, 03:09 PM
Dear Sins,

So sorry. No dog could have had a more caring owner.
RIP little Daisy.

anniemac
6th January 2012, 03:14 PM
Sins,

I am so sorry. I logged on to check and have been thinking of you. Run free Daisy of pain. You will be missed.

susandavis1
6th January 2012, 03:46 PM
Oh I'm so sorry Sins. I had been thinking of you all morning and hoping for positive news. I am heartbroken for you. Daisy had such a caring and loving home and knows how much she was loved. Run free sweet Daisy.

Kim N
6th January 2012, 03:49 PM
I've just come across this today and immediately thought of you and Daisy...

I Haven’t Left At All

I saw you gently weeping as you looked through photographs
You paused for just a moment at one that made you laugh.
But as you turned more pages the tears began to flow
You whispered that you missed me but I want you to know;
I softly licked those stinging tears that down your cheeks did fall
I want to help you understand I haven’t left at all.
On those days that you are overcome with sorrow, pain and grief
I rest my head upon your leg to offer some relief.
When you take our walking path I’ve seen you turn around
Because I know you surely heard my paws upon the ground.
At night while you are sleeping I snuggle at your side
You stroke my fur as you touch that place where I used to lie.
You said it’s just your heart playing tricks upon your mind
But rest assured I’m really there, my spirit’s left behind.
I know your heart is hurting; it’s like an open sore
You think my life has ended and you won’t see me anymore.
But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It’s really the eternal beginning that waits for us all
So as you live your life I patiently await
For us to be together when you pass through Heaven’s gate.

linderbelle
6th January 2012, 04:03 PM
Crying and hugging you Sins reading Kim's post and I'm at work wiping the tears. Somebody posted this on tuesday--I can't believe it's only been 2.5 days since my dear Abbey lefts--seems like weeks.

A 'SPECIAL PLACE'
You have a special place Dear Lord that I know you'll always keep
A special place reserved for dogs when they quietly fall asleep
With large and airy kennels and a yard for hiding bones
With maybe a little babbling creek that chatters over stones.
With wide green fields and flowers for those who never knew about running freely under
Your sky of perfect blue.
Lord,I know You keep this Special Place
And so to you I Pray, for one Special Cavalier Who quietly died today
She was full of strength & love and so very, very wise.
The puppy look she once had had long since left her eyes.
She is dearly missed my Lord by her Mom & Dad.
She went to join her family in Your land that is Devine
So, speak to Daisy softly please and give her a warm hello.
She's a Special gift to you Dear Lord from her mommy, who loved her so.

Run free sweet Daisy.

I printed this out on pretty paper and put Abbey's picture on the bottom and it sits on my desk at work and I have read that poem probably 50 times in the last 2.5 days and I look at that pretty picture of Abbey and remember how she was. I do not want to rember the end Abbey Hugs Sins--I'm here for ya as you know and we can help each other.

Linda

dellis
6th January 2012, 06:16 PM
i am so sorry for your loss. x

jasperpaw
6th January 2012, 06:21 PM
I am so very, very sorry Sinead, have been thinking of you today and hoping for a happier outcome. Rest in Peace little Daisy, you were very much loved.:hug:

Sandrac
6th January 2012, 07:29 PM
So very sorry to hear that you had to let Daisy go to Rainbow Bridge. Her memory will be part of your heart always.

Blondiemonster
6th January 2012, 07:42 PM
Desperately sorry.. Run free sweet daisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desrae
6th January 2012, 09:30 PM
Oh sins, I'm so so sorry. Have fun at Rainbow Bridge, Daisy. :lotsaluv:

Kate H
6th January 2012, 09:47 PM
So sorry, Sins. The kindest thing for Daisy, but these last few days have been like a bolt from the blue for you and your family, which makes it even harder.

Thinking of you :hug:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Tania
6th January 2012, 10:12 PM
Sins, I am so so sorry. Daisy was a lucky little girl to have you in her life to love and care for her. My heart goes out to you.

Hugs from all of us :hug:

pippa
6th January 2012, 11:47 PM
:( so sorry

HollyDolly
6th January 2012, 11:53 PM
Oh my goodness Sinead I am so so sorry.

No one could have been a better mum to Daisy and I know you have been to hell and back with her.
Rest easy little one.

Nanette

Charlifarley
7th January 2012, 09:44 AM
I'm so sorry to read this Sins. Daisy had a great life with your family and I'm sure you are all devastated.
Daisy and Abbey are probably comparing notes together now in heaven and I'm sure they are both saying what wonderful lives they had with their families in spite of their illnesses.

Sabby
7th January 2012, 12:31 PM
My heart aches for you. So many Cavaliers have to leave far too early.
I am sure Daisy is with all the others at Rainbow Bridge and running like the wind.
Sending lots of
:hug:

lindylou
7th January 2012, 02:14 PM
hi
so so sorry to read about daisy another broken heart
if roses grow in heaven lord
please pick a bunch with care
and place them in daisy's paws
and tell her we all still care

linderbelle
7th January 2012, 03:52 PM
crying Charli but Abbey did have a very good life -- my vet sent sympathy card and got it yesterday and one thing he wrote "he heart was as big as a great dane's".

Nicki
7th January 2012, 09:50 PM
Sins you and your family are in our thoughts - I know you had probably tried to prepare yourselves but that doesn't make it any easier. Daisy was blessed with a loving, caring and knowledgeable family who always did everything they could to take care of her and gave her so much love.

She brought so much to your life too and in time the happy memories will comfort you.

I'm going to copy the thread across to In memoriam so that Daisy can be with our other angels.

matties mum
7th January 2012, 10:03 PM
So very sorry
As I look up to the skies above,
The stars stretch endlessly--
But somehow all those rays of light
Seem dimmer now to me.
As I watch the morning sun appear,
The shadows still don't fadeó
As if the brightest light of all
Was somehow swept away.

Though I see the branches swaying,
And watch their dancing leaves--
The echoes carried on the wind
Don't sound the same to me.
As I listen to the morning birds
Sing softly from afar--
It seems to be a mournful tune
That echoes in my heart.

Another day has come again,
As time moves surely on--
But nothing now seems quite the same,
To know that she is gone.
The days and weeks and months ahead
Will never be the same--
Because a treasure beyond words
Can never be replaced.

The loss cannot be measured now,
The void cannot be filled--
And though someday the grief may fade,
Her mark will live on still.
For even with my heavy heart,
I know that I've been blessed
To have been one who's life she touched
With warmth so infinite.
----Aileen

brid kenny
8th January 2012, 02:25 AM
Oh god I just saw this. I so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

daffymum
8th January 2012, 11:35 AM
I am so sorry and saddened to hear about Daisy, (and Abbey ) having just logged on to the forum today.
All of us who loved our dogs dearly, would understand what you and Linda must be going through now.
It took me months to recover when my dog "Prince" died of MVD, I read books on pet bereavement and wrote a blog on my departed dog which I find helped a great deal with the bereavement process.

Alana
8th January 2012, 12:00 PM
I am deeply sorry to hear that you have lost such a beloved member of your family. I don't know you, but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

linderbelle
8th January 2012, 03:01 PM
Would you mind posting your blog? It might help me as I'm sure having a hard time here.

Linda

MurphysMummy
8th January 2012, 06:41 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to know what to say at times like this. Rest in peace Daisy. xx

Karen and Ruby
8th January 2012, 09:53 PM
Hi Linda, was reading an article in my magazine today about coping with the loss of a pet and thought i'd re write some of it for you

"Memories are painful, but sometimes pain comes because we try to resist them. We don't want to be reminded, so we put all our energies in to trying to block them out. The trouble with this approach is that you end up focusing on them and then the mind develops a dissonance between the way you want the world to be and the way the world actually is. What you really want is your pet back in your life; in reality your pet has gone. The more you struggle with trying to 'block' the painful memories the more difficult it becomes.

Yet, when faced with any difficult situation in life, when you cannot change a problem, you have to change your attitude towards the problem. This is not always easy, but it is worth trying. While you do not still have your pet with you, you do have some wonderful warm memories from the time you spent together. Try not to resist thinking about these times. Rather, do something pro=active and take control of your mind.
If possible, revisit a place that has special memories for you and your pet, maybe a favorite park or walk. Take a few deep breaths and allow those good memories to flow back. Let the tears flow, tears are healing. Hear your dog beside you barking and feel her beside you enjoying her walks as she always did. Do not resist it, its the resisitance that causes the pain.

The more you process your emotions the easier they become to deal with. Focus on the positives, that you had the opportunity to spend a part of your life with her, and give thanks that you were able to do so. Let her go and allow her to still be a part of your world in a positive way through the memories you have.
She would never want to wish you harm or want you to be in pain- she loved you unconditionally and now it is your turn to forgive her for leaving you."

I dont know if this will help at all Linda but I really hope it does in some little way xxx Thinking of you xx

Just realised I posted this on the wrong thread so ive copied across to the memorial page x

Jasperxxgabby
8th January 2012, 11:25 PM
So very sorry Sins, no words seem enough, I'll remember Daisy fondly, I always loved her photos and your stories about her, she is among one of the many on here that hold a place in my heart. Thinking of you and your family at the sad, difficult time :flwr:

RIP precious Daisy *ng*l

mommytoClaire
9th January 2012, 11:32 PM
Oh my, I'm so sorry...I haven't been in the site in quite a few days, and am so heartbroken to have this news awaiting.

Daisy was a special girl, and will forever be in your heart. Thinking of you and saying a prayer for you. She was a beautiful girl.

ashleighelizabeth
10th January 2012, 02:09 AM
I am so sorry for you loss. Sending lots of prayers. Rest in peace sweet Daisy.

lovecavaliers
10th January 2012, 03:19 AM
So sorry for the loss of your beloved Daisy. May she rest in peace. Till you meet again at rainbow bridge
Hugs,

meljoy
10th January 2012, 03:55 PM
Hello Sins,
Ive only just seen this thread now, so sorry to read your news.
Leo and I are sending hugs and best wishes your way.
Mel XX

ourempire
10th January 2012, 06:52 PM
I am so sorry to hear that. You did everything you could for Daisy, and it must be so hard for you all right now. My thougths go to you and your family. :hug:

sins
11th January 2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks for all the messages,it's helped us through a very difficult time.
Until you've actually lost a dog,it's hard to understand just how traumatic it can be,even when the outcome was inevitable.
Most of last Friday passed in a blur.Handing her over for her surgery at 10.00 am was so tough,knowing that was probably the last time we'd see her.We had still had some small bit of hope,but that had vanished at lunchtime when the dreaded call came. I felt guilty that I wasn't there for her,but I couldn't drive back up and bring her home,it would be more than the children could have coped with,so the vets have arranged an individual cremation.
On Saturday morning,I woke up in the middle of a dream and she was running around the grounds of the vet hospital,nose to the ground,sniffing the grass,moving freely with her tail flying.
My husband joking tells me that she was making her way across to Doggie heaven,Swan beds is a company across the road from the vet hospital so he reckons she was making her way across to find a four poster bed with a memory foam mattress. I managed a little laugh at that one..
Although it still made me feel guilty that I didn't go back for her.
It'll take 4 weeks for her ashes to come back,I think they must send them to Northern Ireland for cremation.
I paid the last part of the bill over the phone today,but I must go in to the vets and sign the insurance forms.I could ask them to send them out,but in a way I'm happier to do this, as I can get them to print out the biopsy report and in a way I'll get closure from facing up to this.
I've been looking at photos of her and some old youtube videos of her.
Looking back,I realise that she'd been a very sick little dog for quite some time.The photos pre 2011,show a young vibrant dog,full of vigour and enthusiasm,racing around,eyes bright and alert.
Since the summer,we've had a weary little warrior,her eyes were dull and all the spark had gone from them.She's been semi detached from the family,preferring to lie down and just exist.
When the reality dawned that she had cancer,and that she was fading from us,there really was no decision to make.We had to protect her from what was to come.
It doesn't make the loss any easier alas,there's a gap in our lives,and some very fond memories.
the numbness is beginning to wear off a little and the other dogs don't understand why it's hard to connect with them at the moment.This morning,Ivy was begging for cuddles and when I picked her up and looked at her little face,I realised that the others need us and we love them too.Hopefully spending time with them and getting out and about again,walking them,grooming and tending to them will help bring life back to normal.
I probably won't rest easy until we get her ashes back and we have our girl home safely where she belongs.
It's been an amazing five years,some amazingly wonderful,some very difficult and challenging,but thank you all for sharing our little adventure with Daisy over the years.
Sins