PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Scotland

metallicatz
8th January 2012, 08:53 PM
Hi everyone :)

I have just rehomed a cavalier and came across this forum when i was looking to see if all cav's lie with their back legs splayed out.Its seems they all do lol.
Brodie has just turned 5yrs old and such a beautiful big boy.I took him in when his previous owner had got fed up of him :(. He's fitted right into our family although with some nasty habits but got a trainer coming in feb so hopefully we can sort through them.
Looking forward to talking to some of you soon.

JessieAndMe
9th January 2012, 12:27 AM
I can't imagine anyone being fed up with a Cavalier.

icon_welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing more about your lovely boy. Do you have a photo?
My pup likes to sleep on his back mostly, with his legs spread wide apart and his goodies on show http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/he_and_she/girl_impossible.gif

Tizzo
9th January 2012, 04:59 AM
Jessieandme said exactly what I was thinking!! What can possibly ever get frustrating about a cav?!?!

But as far as the legs thing, I've noticed it mostly on tile, when my pooch does it, and he does it all the time, it's usually to cool his belly on the tile.

I think I'm to new to say welcome, but I will be watching your posts as far as the problems and training so please keep us posted!!

Alana
9th January 2012, 07:46 AM
Welcome! What habits has he shown you? I can't believe they gave him up. I'm sure many people on here would give anything to have a healthy 5 year old Cavalier. Lucky you then! I can't wait to se some pictures!

James
9th January 2012, 01:45 PM
Hi welcome to the board
There are a few from Scotland on here, which part of Scotland are you from?

metallicatz
9th January 2012, 02:17 PM
Hi thanks for the welcome.

The previous owner said that her circumstances had changed and she was taking more hours at work aswell as splitting with her partner..Things do happen so i didnt think anything of it but i heard last week through a friend that she had got a puppy over the christmas holidays. :mad: Its her loss because he's got a excellent nature and if she can throw him out just like that and replace him then he's better here with us.Me and the kids dote on him already.
I wouldnt say he was abused but i do think he's been left on his own for long periods.He's very timid and its only been the last week or so that he would wag his tail.He doesnt seem to know how to play either.I know some dogs are just not interested in running about but iv tried a few different toys/balls etc and he's just not interested :(

The main problem im having with him is as soon as he see's another dog he barks and lunges at them.Im not sure if he would actually bite as he's so placid but i dont want to take that chance untill i know for sure.
He pulls constantly on the lead to the point when we get back home he's panting with just pulling so much.Theres a few other problems but to be honest if i could get the aggression with other dogs under control i think the rest would be easy to fix.

Hi james im in glasgow

Here's a few pics of my handsome boy
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l519/metallicat1/DSCI0367-1.jpg
Sooo cute when he lies like this
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l519/metallicat1/DSCI0371-1.jpg

ashleighelizabeth
10th January 2012, 01:59 AM
I love when they lay like that too! He is very cute! Welcome!!!!