PDA

View Full Version : Blenheim Girl - Coco

Tania
10th January 2012, 10:16 PM
We are fostering a 5 year old blenheim girl. I have been told her owners split up a few months ago, her owner decided to leave the South for the
North and decided not to take her. Coco was left with a friend who then passed her onto another then another then another. In the last 24
hours we are her fifth stop.

Coco is house trained, she wants a lap to sit on, she thinks a chair at the dinner table is normal . Coco has obviously been very loved and spoilt.

It is hard to understand how she can have been discarded.

I will keep her until the right forever home comes along. I think Coco would benefit in a home with other Cavaliers or would equally do as well as an only dog providing the owner is at home most of the time.

Tania
11th January 2012, 02:33 PM
Update

Coco settled quite well for her first night, I think she is missing her owner. I can't believe how affectionate she is. A dog that has been loved and cared for so much
then abandoned just seems very cruel.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7144/6678845649_535af7f583.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/32708555@N03/6678845649/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7014/6678855461_623405cedb.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/32708555@N03/6678855461/)

Karen and Ruby
11th January 2012, 02:59 PM
Oh Tania- wonderful that you are doing this! She is beautiful I'd take her in a heartbeat if I had the room!

Brian M
11th January 2012, 03:03 PM
Hi T

What a beautiful girl ,if only ?

Nicki
11th January 2012, 05:20 PM
She is beautiful Tania - thank you so much for fostering her. Such a tragic story :(

BrooklynMom
11th January 2012, 05:49 PM
What a beauty! She is lovely.

team bella
11th January 2012, 07:16 PM
Oh she is beautiful can't believe anyone could leave her like that. If me and my OR were to split I know the fight would be To get custody of the dogs!! For the record we are very happy :)

Charlifarley
12th January 2012, 05:25 PM
Aw she's lovely. She looks very comfortable there...?
I can't believe she has been passed around like that, at least now she has somewhere stable and loving. Lucky girl.

anniemac
12th January 2012, 05:43 PM
I didn't mean to post but she is lovely. I can't believe that neither one would want her. I'm sure she will make it to a good forever home

Karlin
12th January 2012, 06:11 PM
A little beauty, Tania! Thanks for taking her in! :flwr:

Nicki
12th January 2012, 08:41 PM
Keep your paws crossed everyone there *may* be the perfect home for this wee darling on the horizon...more news after the weekend [it's not a board member sadly]

Kim N
12th January 2012, 10:43 PM
Poor baby, she is just gorgeous! I do hope she finds her forver home quickly.

lindylou
13th January 2012, 08:35 PM
hi

what a beauty cocoa is please give her a kiss and cuddle from me and louie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tania
13th January 2012, 09:18 PM
Hi,

I am taking Coco for a Vet check tomorrow. Providing she is ok, there is a local lady who is retired who would be perfect for her. This lady has a lot

of experience with Cavaliers and understands how special they are.

You would think Coco had lived here all her life, she has made herself at home. There
does not appear to be any behaviour issues at all. Fingers crossed for this sweet little girl.

Soushiruiuma
13th January 2012, 09:37 PM
What strange circumstances. I can't understand why her family would just discard her.

Glad to hear she has found a temporary place with you, and hopefully a permanent home.

Tania
13th January 2012, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=Soushiruiuma;410748]What strange circumstances. I can't understand why her family would just discard her.

(QUOTE]

I agree, I found it very difficult to understand! It is a cruel act to discarding a dog after years of love!

Sandrac
13th January 2012, 10:00 PM
:xfngr: all goes OK with the vet check tomorrow. If you have any problems or it falls through, there is another possible home on the horizon - ours!

Manda74
13th January 2012, 11:08 PM
she is lovely and i have room here for her at my house with my cocker spaniel boy who would love another dog around the house :) how do i go about applying to adopt her?
where is she being fostered? my fingers are well and truelly crossed for her x x

Tania
14th January 2012, 05:15 PM
I am afraid it is bad news, Coco has a grade 4-5 heart murmur. It would not be fair to adopt her, so I am going to keep her.

I will be taking her back on Monday for a blood test (ProBNP) a cardiac blood test.

Thank you for all your support and the offers of a loving home.

erose
14th January 2012, 06:02 PM
That is so kind of you. Such a sweet little girl.

meljoy
14th January 2012, 06:30 PM
Tania,
You are a star....we are still toiing with the idea of adopting another cavalier and I nearly pm'd you about coco. You are quite right though who ever adopted this little one is setting themselves up for a whole lotta' heartache.
You are wonderful to offer her her forever home.

Mel X

*Pauline*
15th January 2012, 01:22 AM
She's got a very ladylike little face, so pretty. I'm glad she's staying with you Tania.

anniemac
15th January 2012, 01:28 AM
I am afraid it is bad news, Coco has a grade 4-5 heart murmur. It would not be fair to adopt her, so I am going to keep her.

I will be taking her back on Monday for a blood test (ProBNP) a cardiac blood test.

Thank you for all your support and the offers of a loving home.

That's so sad but she is VERY lucky to have found you.

ashleighelizabeth
15th January 2012, 01:34 AM
Coco is VERY beautiful and looks so sweet. She is lucky to have found such a loving home with you. :l*v:

Nicki
15th January 2012, 09:43 PM
Coco is indeed very lucky to have landed with Tania and Graham, she will need special care and medication for her MVD and they have opened their hearts, home and piggy bank [!] to take care of her and love her for the rest of her days.

Thank you to you both xx

Thank you also for the offers of a home...if I can go slightly OT, there is a Cavalier with Friends of the Animals who will shortly be available for homing, there is a thread about her here http://foa-rct.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=photo&thread=10172&page=1 [the home mentioned early in the thread sadly fell through]

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/karent_album/CIMG1142.jpg

Once the homing thread goes up someone will put it up in Cavalier breed rescue.

Charlifarley
15th January 2012, 10:55 PM
I'm so sorry that Coco has a heart murmur but thrilled for her that she managed to find herself a home with you and your crew Tania.

Sydneys Mom
15th January 2012, 11:50 PM
How wonderful of you to open your home and heart to this sweet little girl. She is a beauty.

lucidity
16th January 2012, 02:16 AM
What a beautiful Cavalier! I love her "blond" ears :D So glad that she's staying with you so we can see pictures of her in the future.

Spangly
16th January 2012, 08:55 PM
Oh Tania, she is lovely! She has now become a very lucky girl being a part of your family. Thank you for all your kindness. Spangle sends her lots of kisses!