• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Primrose?

BrooklynMom

Someone wrote a post about giving their dog primrose a few days ago....what exactly is it? What do you use it for? How to you use it and in what form?

I ask because when I googled it, it looks like a really great thing for dogs for a multiple number of reasons. Thanks!

I use primrose oil capsules 500mg one a day, for two of mine who get dry skin patches on their back it seems to work well for skin and coat. I used to pay a fortune for special dog one's but. after checking out content and ingredients, I now use the human kind, they share with me:)

Hi
It could be Poppy ,Daisy,Rosie's and Lily's little sister if we ever got another ,it would be either Primrose or Bluebell.
The girls get Evening Primrose Oil daily 500 mg from Puritans Pride it helps their skin and coat .

Thanks everyone! Might add it for Brooky, she has dry skin. Would you use this in addition to fish oil capsules or instead of?

When I was a child my parents gave it to me because I had really bad eczema, when my dog had a skin condition it was recommended for him. Bella now has dry, flaky, itchy skin and I alternate between fish oil and evening of primrose every other day.

Hi Alana

If you give fish oil Omega 3 with a high EPA/DHC level is best ,it is the supplement that
is most beneficial for heart conditions which is the biggest killer of Cavaliers so it would do no
harm feeding a daily Omega 3 capsule even from an early age .

I bought evening primrose today, but the only capsules they have are 1000mg. Is that too much for Brookyln?

Oh gosh Kelsey, that does seem like a lot for little dog like Brooklyn. I'd research more before I made that decision.

Claire has terribly dry skin, and it doesn't help that she lays near the heat...but she has such a fine coat, I am sure she is cold....(ya think, she stays completely under the covers at night). I am trying coconut oil for myself, and read a great article about it for dogs. If you want, let me know and I can post a link (if I still have it) or PM you the article, as I saved it.

Back