PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Help Needed

BeBe
15th January 2012, 02:44 AM
What does everyone use in the washing machine to get rid of the urine smell if there are accidents? BB has not had any in the crate but I wanted to be ready, we have Nature's Miracle for the floor but was looking for an additive to use for bedding, towel, etc.

Many thanks for any recommendations!

Lani
15th January 2012, 03:06 AM
I add Nature's Miracle to the laundry too if stuff is smelly. I have the generic brands and got a gallon jug that I keep by the washer for when I was bedding

Reptigirl
15th January 2012, 04:43 AM
I keep a gallon of Simple Solution around. I use it for the carpet or in the washing machine. Its very simliar to Natures miracle.

BeBe
15th January 2012, 04:53 AM
Thank you both, I will give it a try!

Alana
15th January 2012, 05:11 AM
White vinegar. It also prevents fluff balls

pkt89
15th January 2012, 06:04 AM
White vinegar. It also prevents fluff balls
Hi,
how much vinegar do you add?
thanks
kitty

Furrfoot
15th January 2012, 08:30 PM
Simple Solution here, too. About a cup to 2 cups for a large load. Using Dreft baby detergent in the load instead of regular detergent also helps A LOT :) .

BeBe
16th January 2012, 12:12 AM
Thank you so much for the suggestions! I have gotten some Dreft and will use it with the Nature's Miracle since I have that one, should keep the bedding smelling fresh!

Alana
16th January 2012, 12:50 AM
About a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle. For potty stains on carpet, absorb pee with paper towel then spray area generously with vinegar in a spray bottle 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water, then absorb with paper towel.

lucidity
16th January 2012, 02:06 AM
You can also add baking soda into the wash.. it removes odour really well and also washes your laundry better!

BrooklynMom
16th January 2012, 02:12 AM
How much baking soda? What a good thread!

lucidity
16th January 2012, 02:35 AM
1/2 cup for each load! Here's the link to the instructions: http://home.howstuffworks.com/uses-for-baking-soda-clothing-care-ga1.htm

I love baking soda! It has so many uses beyond baking. I always use it to clean up pee on the carpet because it works so well.

BrooklynMom
16th January 2012, 03:51 AM
Thank you!!!!

SuzRN
23rd January 2012, 01:25 AM
Oxyclean is the best. Gets out anything organic. My sister had a christmas tree skirt the cat peed on, washed 5 times still smelled, washed with oxyclean, no more smell.

I used it the other day after accidently locking the cat in the bedroom for many hours, came home to a very wet down comforter. Washed it and the duvet and smells great.