• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barnacles is back from the vet :)

barnacles

Barney went in to the vet on Friday for his castration and dental, he is feeling very sorry for himself and is really being quite pathetic!! The op went fine but the dental resulted in the removal of three teeth, shocking really for a dog who is only 2-3 years old. But already he is eating better and munched away on a carrot last night s hopefully we can keep them in good condition from now on. He had his weigh in as well, he's only lost 200g in the last 14 days with 1.5-2hr walks and 100g of dry food and the neutering isn't going to help but hopefully it's just a delayed weight loss?! We shall see, he is much fitter and moves far easier than when we got him and thats the important thing :)

Last edited:
Some Cavaliers do play the drama king! Have you tried putting Barney onto Burns High Oats? It's excellent for getting weight off while giving them plenty to eat. It's recommended that you use it just until the target weight is achieved and then switch them back to the minimum amount of their usual food. It worked very well with Aled, who was a real podge when I got him!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Oh, thats interesting, I haven't heard of that.... will definitey give that a try, he could live on thin air! Thank you!

Aww, poor lamb, give him a hug from me :)

When we rescued Misty she was around three and needed three teeth out then too. We had her back in on Wednesday to get another one out, as it was wobbly. She's around six now, as we've had her three years. She ended up sleeping with us on Wednesday night, as she wouldn't settle downstairs. I think it was just her needing a little comfort after the day she'd had, and the anesthetic.

I recommend high oats too. Used it after Rubys spay when she got really fat. Got 2.5 kg off her in a couple off months but she wasn't starving. If she was hungry in the meantime she just got raw veggies. Really worth a go. Shes a trim 9.8 kg now and was 12 at her heaviest!!

Barnacle where in Central Scotland are you from? I'm in North Lanarkshire :)
I hope Barney is feeling better!

Back