• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What weight are yer cavaliers? :)

Thee's a lot of variation in the breed. Cavalier breed standard is 12-18lbs in the UK/Ireland, but the ideal weight for any dog is a lean, fit weight, and that can vary hugely depending on the dog. For some cavaliers, 25lbs or more may be healthy and perfect. For others that would be overwight. For some cavaliers, 15lbs would be emaciated! For others, it's perfect. :)

Mine vary from 11-12lbs up to 17.

my male cav just turned 1 year old and he is at 20.1 lbs. he don't seem overweight at all.

hi
when i took louie to the vet last september for his yearly booster he was weighed at 7.2 klos and he would have being 3yrs 4 months old then and the vet said he was just right louie is not a very good eater.
like today this morning at 7am he had 5 mini weatabix with milk after our morning walk i give him his ceasar at 9-30 refused to eat it and has not had a bit to eat since 7am this morning apart from small treats when he dose a wee wee up the garden

Sparky (male) is 15 months old, and 12.6 lbs. He seems a little on the lean side to me, though the vet didn't express any concern, and I'm hoping to get him up to 14 in the next little while. :)

Kokoda is 11 months old in a few days and his last trip to the vet he weighed 7.2kg. Not sure what that is in pounds.
He is a very fit cav, and quite muscley but we are often told by others that6 he is too skinny. Which he isn't at all...

As people have said weight varies a lot.

Mine are both Males. Lucky is taller and longer - he weighed 24 lbs at last vet visit, Sparky is smaller and weighed 21 lbs.

Both needed to lose weight so are on diets. Lucky's ideal weight is probably 21-22. He is a large Cavalier. Sparky should probably be 17-18. I noticed his middle was really filling in. Lucky's doing well on the diet though - his waist is getting a lot more defined. Sparky has fluffier fur so it's harder to tell, but he does still have a way to go.

Back