• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Let me introduce myself ...............

rubles

I'm retired, live in rural Ontario on a farm, have Charlie, my first cavalier, Max my first Brussels Griffon and Kyla my first Rhodesian Ridgeback.
Charlie has been diagnosed by a neurologist as having SM (danged disease) from his symptoms and breed. I don't intend to MRI him. He's on meds and I think doing well so far at least I hope so.
We also have 2 horses and a pony.

icon_welcome Glad to have you here. Can't give any advice about Charlie's SM, but I thought the only way to get an SM diagnosis is with an MRI. Maybe someone on the board with more knowledge will comment. Would love to see pictures of Charlie.

icon_welcome Glad to have you here. Can't give any advice about Charlie's SM, but I thought the only way to get an SM diagnosis is with an MRI. Maybe someone on the board with more knowledge will comment. Would love to see pictures of Charlie.

Hi and
icon_welcome

Please someone correct me if I am wrong, I am sure I have read on the Forum if people don’t have the money for an expensive MRI but the dog has seen a neurologist and the neurologist is sure it is SM you can try to give pain relief without the MRI and see if it works. As it is trial and error getting the medication right anyway I would also think that it is better trying to give the dog pain relief then leaving the dog without pain medication? If the medication is making a difference then thats a good thing. Also you are lucky that your vets knows about SM and referred you.
Like my Harley had an MRI and was diagnosed with mild SM, he was not on any pain medication for a while.

Back