• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy farms illegal in Ireland

I'm a big fat juicy cynic...
I had a quick internet search through a section of the local authority websites.
So if I bought four more bitches over 6 months of age,technically,I'm a dog breeding establishment..fair enough...
So where would a dog breeder find a form to register their breeding establishment,assuming that there's another 5 months left to do this under law.
Nope, no trace of a form to be found anywhere..no reference to dog breeding establishment bills on any website for any local authority.
Oh wait...I see a reference to the price of a dog licence,under the new legislation,the price of a dog licence to own a dog has gone up from €12.70 to €20.
Funny how they can add this section of the legislation to local authority websites and forget about the main part of the bill.
Nothing has changed on the ground and probably very little will change in 2012.
There's provision for establishments of over 800 breeding bitches,all will be legal and liable to inspection.As long as the government gets their cut of the profits,then that's perfectly ok.
I'm far more likely to be called upon by the dog warden to check that my two girls have a dog licence than any puppy farmer is likely to be troubled by an inspector.
Sins

Last edited:
That's sad. They don't really care do they? You are a big fat juicy cynic and I am a little fat green, naive, elf who still has a lot to learn (I am very vertically challenged).

Back