• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just brought our little boy home!

Kim N

With a little help from someone here we mananged to find an excellent breeder and getting lucky enough to find her just at the right time so as not to have to wait ages we brought our little boy home today! He is absolutely gorgeous! As a family we can't seem to agree on a name but I say (as mom) that I believe he is an Oliver...or maybe a Sully!

Here are some pictures of his homecoming.

Settling in for the ride, just for this one ride on daddy's lap.
P1000225.jpg

Mom and dad were hungry so I got my first trip to McDonald's!
P1000227.jpg

Finally home and checking out my new pillow pet and other new toys!
P1000233.jpg

This is my new brother and me!
P1020517.jpg

And I've decided that my new sister has a really nice cozy lap!
P1020454.jpg

Whatcha readin mom, is that about me?
P1020462.jpg

I do think I like posing for the camera!
P1020466.jpg

It's been a long day and I think I found my favorite spot already on this blaket!
P1000263.jpg

P1000265.jpg

Would be nice if mom would stop flashing that camera at me! Maybe I'll sleep well tonight.
P1020520.jpg

If I was there I would squeal and give you a big hug! Awww so beautiful! Congratulations, I am so excited for you! It has been a long wait for you! You so deserve this happiness!

Wow,That's one seriously good looking little puppy.
He's so lucky to have found such a great home.
Congrats !
Sins

Thank you Alana and Sins, I have you to thank for helping me find him! We couldn't be happier with him!

Alana, I am stuck on Oliver. I know it's a pretty common Cavalier name but it just suits him and nothing else feels right. :D

Congratulations, he is absolutely beautiful. I know what you mean about names, we made a little list of names when we got Ollie, and when we got him we knew it was the right name for him.

What a gorgeous boy! Hope you have many happy years together! Please give him a cuddle from me.

H'e s so lovely! A very handsome fellow and I like either name. :) So glad all worked out well with the breeder and now -- all the FUN begins! :lol: We will want lots of pictures...... Just a little safety note for future car trips :) -- laps can seem safe but travelling that way is potentially harmful for both humans and dog. In the front seat, an air bag going off will kill a small dog and a dog can hit the windscreen or glove compartment at many multiples of the speed at which a car is travelling. An unsecured dog is easily flung through the air -- in just a 25-30mph collision this could be with enough force to break a human neck. So securely crating is the best way to go, or using a specially designed harness (lots in the market but very few actually tested for collisions so this is important to check out as well). Mine all love piling into their crate for car journeys to the park or beach or hills!] (y) I keep a crate permanently set up in my car. :D

Beautiful. Went to see our 4 week old baby tonight, little Sasha coming home in four weeks :l*v:

He is without doubt an 'Oliver' - given his screen pose - every time :)

So cute and we can all see, he has a loving and caring family to share many adventures :)

Thank you everyone! We are so in love already!

Thanks for the word of caution Karlin. :) My Yorkie has a car seat and a car safety harness and so will he. I know it isn't a safe thing to do even with being able to shut off the passenger airbag in my car. He goes to the vet on Wed and I will get him one then or be using the crate until he is a little bigger for the vest and seat.

We have settled on Oliver, it just is him. :D

Your puppy is absolutely gorgeous, what a handsome young man
biggrin.png
I think Oliver suits him!

The Gift shop [supporting Rupert's Fund, the Cavalier Collection scheme - both for research into Cavalier health - and Irish Cavalier Rescue] has these wonderful car harnesses which we use

http://cavalier-gift-shop.org/cavalier-king-charles-spaniel-ezydog-harness/prod_216.html

medium.jpg

They are excellent as walking harnesses too so you don't need to take them on and off when going out in the car. The panel is neoprene so dries very quickly.

It is comfy to wear too!

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

It has clips on both straps so you don't have to pull it over their head [which many Cavaliers hate :(] Mine have learnt to hold their paw up to have it put on!]

medium.jpg

Last edited:
As Karlin says, the next best alternative is a crate, the plastic sided ones are best [like the airline travel crates] so that in the event of an accident the dog is not thrown against a wire mesh which could injure them.

59827_basket_3.jpg

If you use the wire mesh crates, make sure that they have a safety door at the rear so that if you are unable to open the boot in an accident, you can still get your dog out.

These are very good and do not rattle!

http://www.dogcages.net/

DO NOT USE the nylon mesh crates as the mesh has been known to separate away from the fabric due to the force of the dog hitting it, meaning that your dog could be loose.

Those harnesses look great! Will be getting those then. We do already have the plastic airline type crate.
Thanks! :)

At just about 9 weeks he is obviously still small. Does anyone have any idea what a good size would be to start with and are they adjustable enough to last at least a decent bit before replacing it?

Back