PDA

View Full Version : Re-Introduction

Cleo's Person
29th January 2012, 11:05 PM
Hi All,

Some of you may remeber me from years ago when Cleo first joined us. I was a relatively active member until 2009 when college and life got in the way of browsing on the internet time! Cleo has been with us for over 5 years now and we love her to bits. She is a very easy going dog and takes life as it comes. She adores snoozing on the rocking chair and being petted, preferably while curled up next to Mark or I on the sofa. Last year when we had our first child we were worried that there might be a difficulty but Cleo took to her very well, and although Neasa is never permitted to be near Cleo unsupervised, they have become great friends - a mutual love of food seems to have been the big bonding force for them! Just this morning when Neasa went to 'leave home' - which she does occasionally by going to the sitting room door and trying to open it - which at 15 months she can't do, she was armed with her Pinky her teddy, a small carry case of books and looking for 'Clo' to join her on her travels! :-) Hopefully she'll get on just as well with baby number 2 when s/he arrives in the next few weeks.

We currently live in Cork, but are planning a move to Dublin in the next few months. To be completely honest, it is this which has prompted me to get back on this site, so if anyone has a recommendation for a good vet who really understands about Cav issues in Dublin, I'd be most grateful to hear about them.

So that's us. Hi again and I look forward to catching up with those of you I knew before, and meeting those of you who have joined in the meantime.

Slan,
Tanya

Desrae
30th January 2012, 12:17 AM
Hello there Cleo's Person, I love your avatar name, I'm always calling myself my dog's person.... lol.icon_welcome and really looking forward to seeing you around the forum and reading your stories about Cleo and the family.

Alana
30th January 2012, 09:33 AM
Hi! I love your story~! Thank you for teaching me my first bit of Irish. Since I am of Irish blood I wish I new some. I told my dad I wanted to learn Gaelic and he said "WHICH ONE"? It kind of put me off so I learnt Italian instead! Cleo is beautiful and Neasa sounds very cute. I would love to see some pics. Ryan and I are planning on starting a family later this year. Good luck with the birth of your second child, may it be relatively quick and free of complications.

Ciao

Charlifarley
30th January 2012, 02:20 PM
Hi Tanya,
What part of Dublin do you plan on moving to?
Best of luck with the new arrival.
Alana - do you know the meaning of your name? my understanding is that it means 'darling' and was a name I' d love to have given one of my (human) babies- had they been girls that is!!

ashleighelizabeth
30th January 2012, 02:57 PM
Welcome back!!! My name is Ashleigh and I have a 7 1/2 month old puppy named Sonny. I love that Cleo and Neasa are such good friends! My husband and I are also hoping to start a family later in the year and it is so good to hear that Cleo adapted well to the new baby. Maybe you will be able to give us some good tips when the time comes on how to make it easy for Sonny. :)

Cleo's Person
31st January 2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome back!!

Shirley - we're not sure where we'll be yet but are happy to travel wherever to get Cleo the best healthcare we can as I think its really important the the vet gets cav issues. That sais we've been haunting daft's listing for places on the southside to make travel home to visit our parents easier.

Desrae - Cleo is definitely the boss of us and has us very well trained! :-)

Alana - I'll root out some photos of them and post them in the picture gallery soon.

Ashleigh - the best advice we received was to send home the onsies Neasa wore in the hospital so Cleo could sniff them and get used to her smell. Cleo is more attached to me than to Mark, so when we came home I walked in first and made a fuss of her and Mark followed with neasa in her car seat. We put Neasa on the floor and Cleo sniffed the car seat and her a little and when I sat on the rockingchair once she settled herself on my lap, she didn't seem to mind that Neasa was in my arms - so the whole thing worked out surprisingly well really!

Thanks again everyone.
Chat soon
Tanya

sins
31st January 2012, 11:36 PM
Hi Tanya and welcome back.
Good luck with the move to Dublin,hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Sins

pippa
1st February 2012, 12:18 AM
Hi Tanya, welcome back I remember you well. I was missing here for a good while due to work commitments...good luck with everything xx

Cleo's Person
20th March 2012, 09:43 PM
Hi everyone,

So we've finally sorted out what we're up to and will be living in Foxrock/Lepordstown area. Anyone got a recommendation for a good vet in that general area? Again, we're happy to travel a bit to get the best possible care for Cleo.

Thanks
Tan :-)

Karlin
21st March 2012, 12:56 AM
welcome back! Bray Vet are good with cavaliers and one of cavalier breed rescue vets as well.

Cleo's Person
21st March 2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks so much Karlin! I'll get in touch with them this week so we're all set up when we move up.