• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The new CMSM MRI scheme is launched

Margaret C

The new MRI scheme is launched. I have asked for a submission form so I can put Faith's scan through..

From the BVA website........

BVA/KC chiari malformations/syringomyelia (CM/SM) scheme

The new BVA/KC Chiari malformation/Syringomyelia (CM/SM) Scheme will launch in January 2012. Full details will be posted shortly on the website but Procedure Notes and submission Certificates are now available from the CHS office. Telephone No. 0207 908 6380.

http://www.bva.co.uk/atoz/Canine_Health_Schemes.aspx

... From the BVA website........

BVA/KC chiari malformations/syringomyelia (CM/SM) scheme

The new BVA/KC Chiari malformation/Syringomyelia (CM/SM) Scheme will launch in January 2012. Full details will be posted shortly on the website but Procedure Notes and submission Certificates are now available from the CHS office. Telephone No. 0207 908 6380. ...

It is odd that BVA announces on February 1 that the scheme will launch "in January". And, still, no real official launch has occurred. the KC is totally silent about this, even though it is BVA's full partner.

It is odd that BVA announces on February 1 that the scheme will launch "in January". And, still, no real official launch has occurred. the KC is totally silent about this, even though it is BVA's full partner.

I recently posted a query on the KC Facebook page, as their bland promotional film stated a new scheme had been introduced for CKCS which should enable breeders to reduce the prevalence of SM.

This, of course, was a reference to the CMSM Scheme and I pointed out that despite being first agreed nearly four years ago, it still had not been launched despite the KC Chairman promising it would be available at the start of this year.

The reply I received............

"The situation with regard to the BVA/KC Scheme for CM/SM (Chiari-like malformation / Syringomyelia) is that it is available now. Procedure notes have been finalized and will be available to veterinary surgeries from the BVA very shortly. Any owner wishing to have their dog’s scans assessed under the Scheme immediately could ask their vet to contact the BVA to confirm that the scan has been done or is done according to correct procedure as defined under the Scheme. A press release confirming this will be issued shortly.

It can also be confirmed that the necessary programming has been done to enable the Kennel Club to record results issued under the CM/SM Scheme, and to send the details to the AHT for continued work towards developing EBVs for Syringomyelia."

That was three weeks ago. Still no press release. Typical Kennel Club, claim a lot & do nothing.

Back