PDA

View Full Version : Hello

MomObvious
3rd February 2012, 02:17 AM
Hi everyone,
My name is Melissa and I live in the US (Virginia) I will be a cavalier owner soon. I'm so excited! I have have owned dogs before but never a cavalier never a 10 week old puppy so I'm gonna need a lot of advice so that's why I'm here. A little about me. I lost my rescue beagle about 4 years ago. He was my little shadow and I loved that little smelly guy so much. However when he died I had a new baby at home and decided to put off getting another dog until I had the time to train etc a puppy. But that didn't stop me from researching what kind of new dog I would get next. I have spend almost 2 years going to local dog shows in and around my area to actually check out dog breeds. The first time I saw a cavalier in the ring I was hooked!! They are so cute and like most other breeds cavaliers never loose that puppy cuteness. The adults are just as good looking as the cute puppies. Then after meeting some breeders and reading about cavaliers and finding out they are super sweet too. A cavalier really sounds like my dream dog. I know its going to take a lot of work but now that my kids are a little older I feel I can easily put forth the work it will take to raise a great dog. Going to dog shows was a great way to meet breeders most people I met where more than willing to talk cava with me. I was lucky enough to meet a wonderful breeder who I have been able to build a relationship with. In October my husband and I thought it was time to add a new family member. MY DOG!! She was born Jan 10, 2012 and I will be bringing her home in mid March at 9 or 10 weeks old. I can't wait to post and use this forum. I know having other cava friends will come in handy as a prepare for my new puppy.

MomObvious
3rd February 2012, 02:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

I will be a new cavalier Mommy in Mid March. My puppy was born Jan. 10 , 2012. I have owned other dogs before but never a cavalier never a 9 or 10 week old puppy. Before I have adopted from rescue groups my last rescue was a beagle with medical problems. However, this time I am going the breeder route. I think a cavalier would be perfect for me because I have a option to taking the dog to work with me daily (I work in a dog friendly company- there are all kinds of dogs there already) I want a sofa buddy and someone to go on morning walks with me too. I live in a townhouse so little dogs are for me and I don't mind grooming or dog hair. I know its going to be a lot of work but I think I can do whatever it takes to raise a great dog. I'm so excited to get my new puppy!!!! I also can't wait to post pictures and share my dog with other cava lovers. Plus I'm sure I will need advice plenty of it to so I'm here. Also I'm not 100% sure yet but I think I'm going to name her Shelby. Oh yeah and I live in the US (Virginia) Thanks in advance for all your happy thoughts and advice I'm sure I will find here.

heyheidi
3rd February 2012, 04:44 PM
Welcome, and congrats on your new addition (when you get her)!:*nana:

lindylou
3rd February 2012, 04:50 PM
hi

icon_welcomelooking forward to seeing pics of your beautiful puppy

Karlin
3rd February 2012, 07:45 PM
I just merged the two separate intros. :) Sorry about that -- I moderate the first posts as an extra spam protection feature so sometimes I know people don't realise their first post will eventually appear!

Cleo's Person
3rd February 2012, 08:55 PM
Welcome! Looking forward to hearing all about your new cav when she joins you.

MomObvious
3rd February 2012, 11:45 PM
Oh oops. I'm new to using forums too. Everything is new lol thank you

Alana
4th February 2012, 12:26 AM
Welcome! Have you thought of any names?

ashleighelizabeth
4th February 2012, 12:33 AM
icon_welcome Congratulations on your new family member! I can't wait to see pictures!

BeBe
4th February 2012, 02:18 AM
I love the name Shelby - so cute! I have just gotten my Cav the first part of December and LOVE her so much! You are in for an affair like no other - cannot wait to meet her via the web!