PDA

View Full Version : Do Cavaliers really have this make c-sections???? Normal??

MomObvious
11th February 2012, 10:54 PM
Hi All,

I just got off the phone with a possible breeder who told me that Cavalier's "have c-sections more than half the time because these are small dogs" What??? Is this true? Don't think I will deal with this breeder, for several reasons. But I was just wondering about the c-sectoins.

Thanks,
Melissa

sins
11th February 2012, 11:09 PM
No,I very much doubt that.
Most reputable breeders prefer to keep free whelpers in their breeding programmes.
Breeders who have had c sections have reasons such as a large litter and the bitch becoming exhausted,perhaps a singleton, or a badly positioned dead puppy causing an obstruction.
C sections for cavaliers is absolutely not the norm.
Sins

RodRussell
11th February 2012, 11:52 PM
Hi All,

I just got off the phone with a possible breeder who told me that Cavalier's "have c-sections more than half the time because these are small dogs" What??? Is this true? Don't think I will deal with this breeder, for several reasons. But I was just wondering about the c-sectoins.

Either she is confusing cavaliers with English bulldogs or she does not know what she is talking about.

Kate H
12th February 2012, 05:37 PM
'she is confusing cavaliers with English bulldogs' - or Pekes?

Kate, Oliver and Aled

RodRussell
12th February 2012, 05:55 PM
'she is confusing cavaliers with English bulldogs' - or Pekes?

Most English bulldogs are incapable, due to their structure, to either mate naturally or whelp naturally. They need cesarean section surgery to give birth.

Kate H
12th February 2012, 10:08 PM
Pekes are the same - flat faces, heavy coats, narrow hips, whelping problems waiting to happen.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Soushiruiuma
12th February 2012, 10:24 PM
Maybe she's just using badly bred cavaliers that don't have good conformation. Sounds fishy, I would find a different breeder.

MomObvious
13th February 2012, 01:50 AM
Thanks all that is what I thought too.