• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Adorable Delinquent Doggie (ADD)

Nalu

How do you react to unacceptable behavior? Last night i took Nalu out at 8 and 10 but at 2:30am she stood up, gave the covers a couple of swift kicks, and peed where she was sleeping, next to me. I replaced the soiled blankets and she laid right down next to me again and fell asleep. Normally if she has to go out in the night she stands at the end of the bed and barks. I think this may have been an expression of anger. She's done it in the past, but only a handful of times in her two years; once while she was next to me on the couch while I talked on the phone, and once while we were entertaining guests. A couple of other times didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason, but who knows what they're thinking half the time!

Don't rule out medical problems. A UTI can cause incontinence. Unless you've cleared her health with a vet, I would be hold off judgement that she's doing this to punish you.

A urine sample was tested a week ago because she was waking me up a couple of times in the night to go outside. The vet said there was no infection but recommended she drink more water so I've been supplementing her kibble with some canned of the same variety. From what I read dogs don't soil the area they sleep in.

Dogs generally don't soil the area they sleep in, although both of mine and several others on this board have noticed that as puppies, urinating on bedding is a habit. Mine both outgrew this behavior.

How old is Nalu?

My mom's husky had an extra ureter or something, and that made it more difficult for her to housebreak, even 7 years later she requires frequent trips outside. My mom is home all day, so it isn't a problem in their situation.

Nalu is two. This is the only time I see her do the swift kicks with her head down. She appears to be frustrated, but I don't know what they mean.

My Belle does that! It's as if she is digging into her bed and then pops a squat. She's done it since she was a pup, we try to catch her and tell her to go out, but she's the divil for it. Her health is fine too, she just likes to mark the bed. She'll go for a few weeks not doing it (after we catch her with a loud 'No' and then herd her outside). Belle knows what she's doing, she has been known to roll around in it too, I think she likes the smell. I know, gross! She's an angel otherwise, but we've never really been able to break her of this bad habit.

Back