• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

6 month pup and 2 month pup playing or fighting for real?

Hi everyone, would really like some advice please. We have Tilly our 6 month tri cav and have had her for 4 months, recently we decided we would like another puppy and now have a 2 month old blenheim female, Lucy. We have only had the younger one for a week now. They generaly seem great together, but do have these really crazy moments chasing each other, pulling at ears, growling (mainly from the 2 month old) and generally going crazy, we are not sure if this is play fighting or real fighting. They can happily be in the same room for a while each playing with a toy each, then one will go over to the other and start jumping or pawing at the other one. The older one tends to stand over the smaller one and then when she moves away, she follow her around and does it again. They eat together, but not sleep together. The older one belongs to my 17 year old daughter and the younger one is mne. is this normal behaviour for them to go crazy chasing, pawing and growling at each other? I am hoping they are just playing and finding out about each other, but not confident enough to leave them in a room together for more then 30 mins at a time, as dont want either of them hurt by the other. Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks

They sound fine to me. It's really entertaining to watch puppies 'play fighting'.

They even have tactics. When my two play- one stands over the other and paws, like saying 'wanna play?'. When Bobby was a puppy, he would pull Belle's tail, she would get so riled up! Now, when Belle wants to play... she literally sticks her bum in Bobby's face and waves her tail, as if to say- come and get me!! Then she twirls around, Bobby jumps up and they're off!

Thanks, you have put my mind at rest. I'm still not confident to leave them alone for long periods of time just yet, but as neither of them have drawn blood or injured each other yet, im hoping they will be fine as they get older!

Back