• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

soap and licking!

Odd question, but when myself of one of my family comes out the bath or shower, both the puppies go crazy for licking our wet skin, like we were the tastiest treats in the world, i'm presuming they just love the taste of just washed skin. The also both go crazy trying to lick the water in the shower tray, they always have access to their water bowls, but prefer the bath or shower water more! We noticed this with our older pup and found it quite funny, but now the other one does this too, so wondering if this is something that these dog just do! Anyone else have this?

Lol :lol:. Darcy goes crazy to lick my hubby's hairy legs when he gets out of the shower! She makes a beeline for him everytime and spends ages licking his ankles. :rotfl:. However, she isn't bothered with my legs (maybe because they are (usually!) less hairy icon_nwunsure ). She had done this from a young puppy but we have no idea why, it's just one of her funny quirks that always make us smile :lol:

Butters does it too. I think it is the water, because I have changed soaps a few times and he still licks the legs! I think it is partially that he is so happy to have me out of the shower. While I am showering, he will peak his little head around the corner of the curtain and sulk waiting for me to get out

Butters does it too. I think it is the water, because I have changed soaps a few times and he still licks the legs! I think it is partially that he is so happy to have me out of the shower. While I am showering, he will peak his little head around the corner of the curtain and sulk waiting for me to get out

Jelly Bean does the exact same thing. He almost has a fit if I take a shower without him. I've taken to keeping a bed for him in the bathroom. What a spoiled little pup.

Bella curls up on my PJ's and has a nap while I am in the shower then when I come out she licks my legs.

My Izzie does this too! She even goes as far as jumping up on the side of the bath and tries to reach me with her tongue. She doesn't have an interest in the water though, only wet skin :p Glad she's not the only one!

Back