• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Really cute but I fear for the pups that will be bought without knowledge.

Hmm maybe it's just me but I didn't actually think Disney were thinking of a Cavalier when they made Lady and the Tramp! I saw the similarities but I always thought it was more of a Cocker/Field spaniel of some kind, didn't she have a docked tail as well? I'm obviously looking into this a bit too much lol.

But I agree, very cute. I always fear when Cavaliers are put in adverts for anything though..

Hmm maybe it's just me but I didn't actually think Disney were thinking of a Cavalier when they made Lady and the Tramp! I saw the similarities but I always thought it was more of a Cocker/Field spaniel of some kind, didn't she have a docked tail as well? I'm obviously looking into this a bit too much lol.

But I agree, very cute. I always fear when Cavaliers are put in adverts for anything though..

Duh any Disney Fan knows Lady is a Cocker Spaniel. "Jock" the scottish terr who lives next door to Lady even calls her a "aCocker-al aSpainish girl". Sorry I'm a big Disney nerd. But you are right anyone who sees this misrep of this clip might be dump enough to want one. Hope that doesn't happen.
And yes FYI Lady's tail is docked in the movie as well :p

The spaghetti scene in that video is funny! I wonder how many takes it required to get that one to work :)

I agree with Alana. I don't know if she was intended to be a cocker spaniel, but clearly a cavalier is the closest in reality to the cartoon. :) That was a cute clip!

I think Disney generally takes plenty of liberties with cartoon characters -- the 101 dalmation puppies could be any puppies I think! -- but don't look particularly like real puppies would look either, and only the spots make them recogniseably a dalmation! if they'd colored them in yellow or black or brown, they could easily be labradors...

Somewhere I remember reading that one of the illustrators was familiar with a cavalier owned either by his own family or somebody else's family–but they would have been pretty rare in the US at that time and I've never seen that as a verified story, it was just somebody saying that it was the case. At any rate, the head isn't really that much like either a cavalier or a cocker spaniel to my eye but could easily be either –and of course is meant to have a humanish expression anyway!–but is definitely a spaniel type dog. the cocker spaniel would have been one of the most popular breeds in the US at that time. And certainly the lyrics to the song as quoted would imply that Disney intended it to be a cocker spaniel.

I had never heard of the breed until I left the US and I didn't even know what they were in till I actually began looking into dog breeds, even though I would see them around Ireland all the time. I just never really noticed them as a particular breed! :lol: It was actually my mother who told me about them because she met somebody on a train journey in the Southwest US, who had cavaliers. I had to go look them up!

My youngest daughter once told a friend that Lady is a cavalier whose mom backed into her in the driveway like Holly (our cavalier). I cringed, but you've got to love a child's take on life. For those of you who don't remember our horrible story, I inadvertently hit Holly in our driveway, resulting in surgery and months of recovery -- and the loss of Holly's tail. My daughter will never let me forget -- but I hope she has forgiven me! I know it's something I won't ever forgive of myself!!!

Back