• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Are Male Cavaliers More Cuddly Than Females??

ppdunn22192

Hello! My name is Pat. I have two darling Cavaliers: a 3-year-old Blenheim female and an 18-month-old Black and Tan male.

I live in Alabama, USA. Our family has had dogs for many years, but they were rather large dogs. I had my heart set on a lap dog :d*g: so I did some research and discovered Cavaliers!

I got the female first and she is sweet and very affectionate. I got the male last year and I don't know if ALL Cavaliers are this way, but my male has become very attached to me and is incredibly cuddly. The female is happy to sit on the floor by my feet while the male MUST be on me all the time (which I love!).

I'm curious if other Cavalier owners have found that the males are more cuddly...? Please let me know!

Thanks!

Temperament does vary from dog to dog obviously, but it is generally said that the girls love you, but the boys are IN love with you :)

We have had some very affectionate girls over the years, but the boys without exception have all been cuddle monsters :)

Welcome to the board!

I have 2 boys Cavaliers

Sparky is my cuddler. Lucky is content to be by himself as long as he is near me.

I'm not entirely convinced it's gender related (not sure if there is any difference in this based on gender), but I do think both of my boys are in love with me. :l*v:

it is generally said that the girls love you, but the boys are IN love with you :)

I have heard the same thing that Nicki said. And, even though I haven't had girl cavaliers before, I can testify that my Butters is very cuddly :)

I've never had a girl puppy, but my male 8 month old puppy, Sonny is very, very cuddly. He always has to be snuggling next to one of us.

My girl was attached to my hip from the day I brought her home at 8 months old. Max and Rylie are cuddly but not quite the same.

Bella is always in my lap for cuddles. If I try to put her on the chair beside me she will crawl back on my lap...I have only had male dogs before her and she is more cuddly than them.

I have got 2 girls and a boy. The boy is my cuddle monster the girls are not that bothered

My Maisy loves a cuddle up :D when she gets on my lap she will climb up to my shoulder and nuzzle her face into my neck for a love and she sort of 'coo's' as she does it as though she is really happy lol Not sure how long this will last as she is only 10 weeks old now but hoping she's going to love me just as much as I love her which is to the moon and back again!

From my experience of one female and two males (one neutered, one not) I would say that the males are certainly much more affectionate and in need of close physical contact (cuddles in girly talk)

Back