• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Thought I would share....

ashleighelizabeth

A couple of years ago when my husband (then boyfriend) and I first started thinking about getting a dog we were living in Arizona, had just bought our first house with a big backyard and were feeling very settled. We both had grown up with golden retrievers and naturally felt drawn to the breed and felt that a golden was the perfect dog for us.

Well life happens and we got engaged, got married and moved to California. We still really wanted a dog, but our circumstances had changed and we were now renting a house which makes it more difficult to have pets . I was really lonely when we first moved and still desperately wanted a dog. At this point we had been talking about getting one for about two years. I started researching smaller breeds and fell in love with Cavaliers. :l*v: One of the books I read compared a Cavalier's temperament to a Goldens and I think this might have been what sold my husband. :)

Anyways we researched breeders and after 9 months of searching we finally welcomed little Santino better known as Sonny into our home. I will be honest, in the beginning I was secretly worried that my husband would be disappointed that we didn't get a big dog because a Cavalier was really my choice and I think he agreed to please me, BUT the other night we were sitting on the couch and my husband casually said " I would DEFINITELY think about getting another Cavalier for our next dog". His comment made my heart melt, because even though I knew he loved Sonny, at that moment, I knew that he had fallen as deeply in love with Sonny as I have. :lotsaluv: Anyways, just thought I would share this little story. Oh and a little disclaimer we are not thinking about getting another dog any time soon. It will be many, many years before we add to our family, but still I like the way my husband is thinking. :)

That is such a wonderful story. I have always loved Goldens, but have never been much of a big dog person....though if I were to ever decide on a big dog, I'd be inclined to think in that direction.

I think you made the perfect choice, and I am sure Sonny agree's!

That is such a lovely story. My husband has always been more of a Doberman or GSD person. Our previous dogs were big dogs. But he loves our three more than anything. He always says they are my girls. At one time he said that he wouldn’t ever have anything else but a Cavalier.

I had a Golden as a teenager - the perfect dog for a rather shy person - and have always thought that they are very similar to Cavaliers. Same sort of coat, same gentle, friendly temperament, same enjoyment of country walks or a rug by the fire. I feel my dog-owning has come full circle: a Goldie at the beginning and the smaller version now I am (much!) older. So I can identify with your husband!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back