• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our DJ :) (Karlin please read)

pippa

Our DJ :)

We have our wonderful boy 4 yrs today. he was 3 yrs and 8mths when we rescued him, he will be 8yrs next June. I collected him from his former home on a sunny spring morning and he hasn't left us since. Time has passed so quickly!

He is such a great dog, he has a few issues and needs to be handled differently, but don't we all:)

He was only meant to be here a weekend!

We love him so much and he has become such a big part of our family.

I have a 14 month old grandson and last night as he was leaving to go home he waved bye bye to DJ :) who then came to the window to watch him leave....

He was fine at the start and always got on with our two dogs, after he settled in and became comfortable with us and trusting of us we had a bit of a challenging time with him, but we have learned how to deal with him, gained his trust and respected his needs.
I don't regret one minute of the time and effort put into him and get it back in love and affection from him ten fold.

A special thanks to Karlin for allowing him to share our life and us his.

Last edited:
This is a wonderful story and I am so happy DJ found his forever home with you. Thank you for sharing. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your story, I'm sure Karlin will be really pleased to read it.

She is away today but I will bookmark this for her to make sure she sees it.

You are very special to have adopted DJ and settled him into your home and your lives.

Only just catching this :D -- Nicki was good and caught the link for me as I am away and by the time I get up, so many posts have gone to the main forum that I'd missed this.

DJ sure had a bit of history and sure needed a great new home -- which he walked right into and never left, though bet you didn't guess that would happen so fast! :lol: I am so glad you and he have all stayed together and he's gotten to be part of your home. :flwr:

I love happy 'failed foster' stories!!

Thanks for your kind words Karlin....I never did manage to make a good foster mum, adoption is more my scene...far too soft! :)

Back