PDA

View Full Version : New puppy owner

Snooey
25th February 2012, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone.

In 9 days I will be the lucky owner of a little Blenheim boy. I'm so excited, I can't wait! I've been preparing so much, my head is packed full of puppy stuff. I'm determined to be the best owner I can be.

I've been lurking here a bit, just getting some tips, and I thought I'd introduce myself.

No doubt I'll be around here a lot in the future! See you around. :D

Suzy

Nicki
25th February 2012, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the board Suzy! Your first few posts will be moderated and sometimes it can take a while for that to happen as obviously we have our own lives and can't always get on here.

I would strongly recommend you download the Ian Dunbar books

http://www.dogstardaily.com/free-downloads

They contain a lot of helpful information. You should also read the section on the forum.

Good luck with your new puppy!

Snooey
26th February 2012, 12:22 AM
Thank you Nicki! :)
I didn't realise about the post moderation, sorry about that. icon_blshing

I have read Ian Dunbar's books, I got the link from this forum, very helpful. I've also read Pat Miller's The Power of Positive Dog Training; Peggy Tillman's Clicking With Your Dog; and The Norma Moffat Cavalier book. I feel very prepared! :lpy: :biggrin:

Suzy

MomObvious
26th February 2012, 01:00 AM
Hi Suzy. I'm excited for you. Do you have a name picked out yet? I don't currently own a cavalier right now. I'm still looking and learning etc........so much to think about blah blah. I hope the 9 days go by fast for you and can't wait to see pictures.

Melissa

MadeleineSarah
26th February 2012, 09:00 AM
Hi Suzy!

I also have a Blenheim boy who is now almost 2! Time flies! I remember the excitement when I was due to pick him up.
He is my first dog and what a pleasure. I am sure your little boy will bring you mountains of happiness. :)
Good luck! Can't wait to see some photos! :)

Madeleine & Oliver

Snooey
26th February 2012, 11:51 AM
Hi Melissa. I was going through that stage 6 months ago. :) I have a name already yes! Ollie.

Hi Madeline, thank you. :) I just know it's going to be wonderful getting to know him and have him in my life.

I promise to post pictures when he arrives! :D

Suzy

mld
27th February 2012, 12:23 AM
Hi Suzy, welcome to the wonderful world of Cavalier's! I look forward to seeing photos when the little one arrives :-)