• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Moving to the uk from spain

anaylola

Dear all

I read a lot the forum but I don't writte a lot...:eek: I'm planning to move to London to work there, the thing is that I have 2 dogs, one tricolor and a blenheim, I always wanted to move to London but with 2 dogs I tought It was too much for me... Anyway , now I've been reading and it looks like it is much easier to move in from Spain with my dogs from 2012 than before, do you think it is a good idea? and if you have information of what I should do...I'm really lost and confused!! Thank you for your help.

It's understandable that you don't want to be separated from your dogs.
I would contact a transport company like Ryslip in the UK who are very well known and reputable when it comes to transporting dogs internationally.They can advise on costs and other requirements.If you plan to use a transport company,it's important that they have all the experience and many show breeders use this one.
www.ryslip.com
Alternatively,you can talk to your vets,you can have your dogs pet passported,given rabies vaccines an can more easily move within the EU and possibly ask airline carriers what the charges are for two dogs.
Sins

You will need to get a pet passport to comply with rabies regulations so be sure to give yourself about 6-7 months for this to be done (there is a wait of several months between the vaccine and when the dog can actually travel). From Spain you have many easy ways of getting to the UK. In your shoes, assuming you are bringing a car, I'd drive up and take the ferry from France to the UK with the dogs myself. I don;t think dogs can go anywhere but the hold to the UK on flights, but that would also be a possibility. The UK govt site within the dept called DEFRA has specific in9f on bringing a dog from Europe to the UK but your vet also likely knows the details.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/

I'm not sure what else you are concerned about when you ask if it is a good idea? Could you tell us more about what your worries are? Is it just transport (which is pretty trivial -- people on holidays go back and forth from UK to Spain etc with their dogs all the time :D ) or is it living in London with dogs, finding a rental, etc?

As far as renting, we aren't in London but are in England and have no problems finding rented accommodation that accepts dogs so I think that would not be too much of a problem. You can always look into that on the internet before hand with sites like rightmove.co.uk.

Thank you very much for all your help!!!icon_blshing I'm not gonna move now, I need to save more money first and plan it...for the flat/house no problem because I have some friends living there already,I think everything should be ok, i will think more about how to get there, maybe its easyer to do it by car / ferry. Thank you again :)

I'm in the US, but interviewing for jobs in Europe (and domestically as well). So I'm getting the dogs prepped for international travel just in case.

The best info comes from the immigration officials in your destination. There are some websites, but make sure you verify everything with the legal entity that will be checking your paperwork, laws are subject to change and having misinformation can be worse than no info at all.

Back