• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sore ear folds

cavluvver

Hi again everyone, Rossi rubs his ears on the floor a lot with the sm and the folds in them tend to get sore sometimes, is there anything safe to put on them to soothe them. I always get his ears checked for infection if I'm wooried but mostly they just get a bit sore on the outer parts. :(

Poor Rossi,
The products I use for mine are petnat and sold by Aromesse.
They're very gentle and smell very nice.There's an ear cleaner and an itchy ear treatment.
http://www.aromesse.com/skin-problem/Itchy_Ear_Drops.html
If you need to trim the hair on the inside of the ear flaps,that might help getting the air to circulate in around the irritated skin,also try to keep the ears as dry as possible,not easy I know!
Sins

I hope so anyway!
They're not too expensive and they don't leave an oily residue inside the ear. I remember some of the ear products I used on Daisy,they left a residue and when she'd scratch her ears,she'd cause her ears to matt which then meant we had to dematt and even more misery for her.I hope something works for Rossi,if not,go to the vet and get something on prescription like easotic which should zap any outer ear infection.
Sins

Many also find that keeping ear hair overall quite short -- a puppy trim -- makes SM/CM dogs more comfortable.

Back