PDA

View Full Version : Sydney - Always In My Heart

Sydneys Mom
4th April 2012, 02:59 PM
Early this morning, Heaven received a Special Angel.

Late last night, my beautiful boy Sydney, had trouble breathing. We rushed to the emergency hospital, but sadly, before we could arrive, Sydney gently took his last breath in my arms. He went quickly and peacefully. He was 12 days shy of his 12th birthday.

My heart is shattered.

Sydney, my Special Angel, I will always love you.
April 16, 2000-April 4, 2012

anniemac
4th April 2012, 03:02 PM
I'm a so sorry. Tears have fallen all morning but I know Sydney is in a good place and able to run and play like he was younger. I know how tough this is and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

pkt89
4th April 2012, 04:19 PM
I am so sorry to hear.
Kitty

Karlin
4th April 2012, 04:20 PM
Oh Joyce: I am so so sorry for your loss :( . Everyone here knows how much you did to keep Sydney comfortable and happy for as long as possible, and how much he meant to you. I think we all felt we knew him as well; he was truly one of our special cavaliers here :flwr:.

Although your journey to try and get him to the hospital must have been very hard for you, it sounds like he left you in a way that will bring comfort in the future and you were especially blessed to be there with him, where he would have known your arms and the sound of your voice til he left, and felt safe with you. I think we all hope to have such an opportunity.

pippa
4th April 2012, 04:27 PM
Words cannot express how very sorry and very sad I am to read this news about Sydney.

I am so sorry your darling Sydney has left you, he will be forever in your heart. I have followed his progress as you posted here about him and his ups and down and feel like I knew him...

Thinking of you and sending hugs. Farewell Sydney, night night darling:(

Brian M
4th April 2012, 04:29 PM
Hello Joyce

We are all so sorry for your loss ,Sydney was such a special loved Cavalier to all of us on here .

Brian ,Dawn and Luke with
Poppy ,Daisy,Rosie and Lily

He was special to us all .

Love my Cavaliers
4th April 2012, 04:30 PM
Oh no! Sydney was one of those cavaliers that I thought would just always be around. I'm so glad he died peacefully in your arms. What a blessing for both of you. I'm so sorry.

JessieAndMe
4th April 2012, 04:30 PM
I'm so incredibly sorry for the loss of your handsome boy.

sins
4th April 2012, 04:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Sydney's passing.He was such a part of the fabric of cavaliertalk and I can understand how great a loss he is to you.
He was such a gorgeous,brave dog and so dearly loved.
Sins

susandavis1
4th April 2012, 04:47 PM
I am so sorry that Sydney has passed. I followed your brave story though all his ups and downs and felt like I had known him. I loved your recent picture of him enjoying life on his red cart. We know how hard you worked to keep him comfortable and looked after and Sydney knows how well loved he was. Run free sweet Sydney

Sydneys Mom
4th April 2012, 06:02 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm trying to be strong, but it just hurts so much. It happened so fast. I'm still in a state of shock and haven't quite been able to absorb all this yet.

Bellybob
4th April 2012, 06:33 PM
So Sorry XXXX

jasperpaw
4th April 2012, 06:35 PM
I am so very sorry to read about your lose of Sydney, I too have been following your up and downs with his health problems, and only yesterday showed my husband the picture of him in his cart and said we maybe someday may have to think about something like for our boy who has MVD. Rest in Peace little one.

Furrfoot
4th April 2012, 08:32 PM
I'm so sorry.

Sandrac
4th April 2012, 08:45 PM
So sorry to hear that Sydney has gone to the Bridge. He went with those who loved him close and took the decision making out of your hands. Bless him.

Nicki
4th April 2012, 09:24 PM
Oh Joyce I can't believe it, I'm so sorry :( It's a comfort that he was with those he most loved and had a peaceful passing.

We all loved Sydney from your posts about him, he was so lucky to have such a wonderful, caring guardian and the love you had for him shone through in your posts and stories.

I really enjoyed seeing the photos of Sydney in his cart, and that is how I think many on the board will remember him - hopefully a very special memory for you too.

Look after yourself, we will all be thinking of you in the days to come, it is going to be tough but that does get better.

Nicki
4th April 2012, 09:27 PM
I wanted to share this with you:

I Loved You Best

So this is where we part, My Friend

and you'll run on, around the bend

Gone from sight but not from mind

new pleasures there you'll surely find

I will go on, I'll find the strength

life measures quality, not its length

One long embrace before you leave

share one last look before I grieve

There are others, that much is true

but they will be they and they aren't you

And I, fair, impartial or so I thought

I'll remember all you've taught

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed

the fur I stroked. the nose I kissed

And as you journey to your final rest,

take with you this...I loved you best

Jim Willis @2002

ashleighelizabeth
4th April 2012, 09:35 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have tears in my eyes as I read this. I have followed your story too and Sydney was so lucky to have you. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Rest in Peace sweet Sydney.

Charlifarley
4th April 2012, 09:36 PM
Like everyone else here I'm so sorry to read of Sydney's passing.

Tania
4th April 2012, 09:39 PM
I am sorry to hear your sad news, Sydney was blessed to have been loved so much. :hug:

pippa
4th April 2012, 09:52 PM
Nicki what a beautiful poem to post for Joyce...brought tears to my eyes.

smarsden99
4th April 2012, 10:11 PM
Joyce,

Tears are filling my eyes as I read your post about Sydney , Iam so so sorry. You were such a support to me when I lost Scooby and I would like to offer you my thoughts and condolences at the loss of your special guy. He fought against MVD through thick and thin and with you by his side he showed how special your bond was with each other.

He is now free from pain and can run free at Rainbows bridge and Scooby will be there to greet him.

Love
Sharon
XX

Jasperxxgabby
4th April 2012, 10:15 PM
Dear Joyce I am so sorry to read this truly sad news, like others here I have read your posts about Sydney and despite your own worries and concerns about Sydney you always took time to comfort and support other members with worries and concerns about their own dogs, me included when Jasper was recovering from his op. Thinking of you and take care.
Run free Sydney, precious little one. *ng*l

HollyDolly
4th April 2012, 10:44 PM
Hello Joyce
I am so sorry for your loss, he was indeed a very special little man.

Look after yourself.

Nanette

Margaret C
4th April 2012, 11:08 PM
Such a special little dog. RIP Sydney.

BrooklynMom
4th April 2012, 11:52 PM
Oh Joyce. Tears have been falling for you all morning when I heard this news. Sydney shared such a special place in all of our hearts and was so loved and cared for by you. I have no words to sooth the pain that you must be going through, but I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and praying for you and smiling at Sydney who is running free of all illnesses at rainbow bridge. He loved you so much and I know that when he passed in your arms, that is the way that he would have wanted it...with his mama, taking his last natural breath.

Oh Joyce. I am just so sorry. xo

mommytoClaire
5th April 2012, 01:33 AM
Joyce, dear sweet loving Joyce......it was painful to come here, and see it on the board. It made what I already knew, just so much more painful, and the tears I've been shedding since this morning are falling once again...

There are never words good enough to express how one cares, and to give comfort when a friend has lost a loved one.

And Sydney was so desperately and completely, and unconditionally loved. Your beautiful boy gave you a couple really good days, and he rallied for his rides in his new chariot, so that he could spend some quality time with his mama and daddy.

Nothing will replace his beautiful face greeting you everyday....but he is there with you Joyce. Because he is always and forever in your heart.

Sydney did it his way, and took away the hard decision, and did it in a precious way. In his Mama's arms, as she whispered beautiful I Love You's in his little ears.

May God hold you close dear Joyce. Just know that your little Sydney touched so many lives all around the world. I am grieving with you.

Hugs and prayers,

lovecavaliers
5th April 2012, 03:44 AM
Joyce I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling at this time. Please remember Sydney will forever be in your heart and waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.
RIP sweet Sydney; you fought long and hard, may you now run strong and free

Hugs to you,
Irene

MadeleineSarah
5th April 2012, 07:08 AM
Dear Joyce,

I had just read about Sydney's cart when I saw this. I am so sorry for your loss but it is clear to everyone how much you loved him dearly doing everything possible to ensure he had a full and rich life.

My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

M&O x

dellis
5th April 2012, 01:59 PM
i am so sorry to read of your loss, i too had just seen the lovely photos of sydney in his cart. take care of yourself during this sad time. x

meljoy
5th April 2012, 04:33 PM
Joyce,
I am so dreadfully sorry to read about Sydney.
God Bless you both

Mel XX

Sydneys Mom
5th April 2012, 05:15 PM
It's been so difficult reading all your messages of love and support. It's gratifying to know that Sydney has touched so many of your lives and that he will live on in your memories too. The physical pain I am feeling is nothing compared to the emotional pain. Sydney left me so suddenly and quickly, and right now I feel so empty and sad. Tears keep falling. I can still feel him in my arms and look down to see him, and he's not there. I miss him so much.

Sabby
5th April 2012, 05:58 PM
Dear Joyce
I can’t imagine the pain you are feeling and my heart is breaking for you. Sydney was so loved and you cared for him with all of your heart and Sydney knew how loved he was and I think that is so important. You have always been here when my Harley or Ebony was ill and I appreciated that very much. Take time to grieve and try remembering the good times.

Thinking of you.

pippa
5th April 2012, 06:27 PM
Joyce, we are all thinking of you, please take care of yourself and grieve as much as you need to for your beautiful boy who was such a big part of your life xx

SuzRN
6th April 2012, 12:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Sydney. You are both in my thoughts.

mommytoClaire
6th April 2012, 03:46 PM
Dear Joyce, we all know you are in so much pain. I'm so sorry, as I know it is so very, very painful.

Please take the time you need to heal, if that is ever really possible. My heart is hurting for you.

Sydneys Mom
9th April 2012, 06:03 PM
Sydney, I miss you so, so much. Every night before I go to bed, I go outside and look for the brightest star in the sky. But there are none as bright as you. I love you and I don't think I can ever put the shattered pieces of my heart back together again.

Brian M
9th April 2012, 06:48 PM
Hello Joyce

I bet when you look up your Sydney is looking down wagging his tail ,they truly are dogs of the heart . We are all suffering
with you Joyce only time will lessen some of the hurt you feel. I feel tears in my eyes each time I read ,bless you both .

Brian

pippa
9th April 2012, 07:09 PM
Joyce you and Sydney are still in my thoughts xx

Sydneys Mom
11th April 2012, 03:28 PM
One week ago today, Sydney went to live amongst the angels. The ache and the pain is still so fresh. My tears continue to fall. The house is so, so quiet without him and my heart is still shattered.

I miss you so much Sydney and I'll love you forever. You are my Special Angel.

pippa
11th April 2012, 03:39 PM
Dear Joyce, words alone can't express how sad I feel for you and your loss of Sydney. I hope your many happy memories of him will help you through this very hard time. We are all thinking of you xx

Nicki
11th April 2012, 03:51 PM
Thinking of you Joyce - hoping that it is starting to get a wee bit easier.

Yes we think ours are the brightest stars in the night sky - I miss that in the Summer when it hardly gets dark here.

He will always be with you in your heart and your memories.

sins
11th April 2012, 04:04 PM
It's early days Joyce.
Just take it day by day and as the days run into weeks,the grief will get easier to cope with.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Sins

Jasperxxgabby
11th April 2012, 07:42 PM
Thinking of you Joyce!

Sydneys Mom
11th April 2012, 07:52 PM
This is a hard road to travel and a road no one wants to be on. I appreciate all your kind words and find comfort in them.

Karen and Ruby
11th April 2012, 08:15 PM
Oh Joyce, I havent been on here lately and have just seen this thread, im so very sorry for your loss! He really was such a great part of this forum and one of our oldies who fought against the odds for so very long

Thinking of you at this difficult time

RIP Sydney xx

Spangly
11th April 2012, 08:58 PM
I too have only just caught up with this terribly sad news.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your absolute love for Sydney shines through all your words and though it's still very raw for you, I hope in time your pain will ease a little.

Thinking of you.
Christine

matties mum
12th April 2012, 02:19 PM
So very sorry
---Aileen

lisadingwall
12th April 2012, 04:25 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. May God wrap his loving arms around you in your time of need.

Reptigirl
13th April 2012, 06:39 AM
Oh Joyce, Im so sorry to hear about dear Sydney! I've been away for a while and I just saw your post. It brought tears to my eyes! RIP Sydney

James
14th April 2012, 09:21 AM
I'm sorry for the loss of your much loved boy.

I see he was born April 16th - a special day for me as well as it was also the birthday of both my first Cavalier Ciara and my late mother.

Wagtails
14th April 2012, 01:03 PM
Feeling your pain here too, Joyce. Sydney was just one of those extra special Cavaliers we all know and love. Take time to grieve for him. He will never leave your heart.

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Cards/LiveonedayatatimeNicki.jpg

mommytoClaire
15th April 2012, 10:08 PM
Dear, dear Joyce.....doing the only thing I can....keeping you so very close in thought and prayer. Sydney's life will go on through you, in how your share and care for others around the world through CT and wherever you go. I have no doubt that Sydney is still looking after you, because you are forever joined in your hearts.

I do hope that you know how much we all care. Tears falling again........

Sydneys Mom
16th April 2012, 03:56 PM
Happy Birthday in Heaven Sydney!

Today would have been your 12th Birthday. Have fun playing with the angels.

I love and miss you so much.

smarsden99
16th April 2012, 05:47 PM
Sending Sydney 12th birthday wishes , hope he is having fun with his doggie friends in Heaven ....

Run free and happy at Rainbows Bridge Sydney

Hugs

pippa
16th April 2012, 07:28 PM
My thoughts are with you on Sydney's special day xx

Brian M
16th April 2012, 09:10 PM
Hi Joyce

I would give him a big kiss right on the end of his nose ,but I saw a big bright star last night so that must be him
so I will blow it up to him tonight .

Jasperxxgabby
16th April 2012, 09:52 PM
Thinking of you Joyce on Sydneys birthday :flwr:

mommytoClaire
17th April 2012, 01:57 AM
Sweet Sydney, Happy Birthday dear one. Thinking of you and hubby Joyce. I know that this is a bittersweet day.

Pamela Warrington
17th April 2012, 06:44 PM
Joyce,

To try to begin to feel such loss is felt in the pain and compassion of reading your sadness through your writings. I can only imagine what you must be going through. My heart aches for you, because one day I know I will be going down this same journey. I too have a beautiful almost 8 year girl whom I love dearly, I think even sometimes more than life itself. She has had Sm for two in a half years, and now she just recently was diagnosed with a severe case of MVD so I understand the love you have for Sydney. God's word shares in Ecclesiastes 3 That there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. It shares that there is a time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to tear and a time to mend. The laughs and the dance was shared when Sydney was with you. The loss of Sydney now brings you to a place to mourn to weep and to tear, God will be there to catch every tear drop that falls from your eyes. But the journey is yours to bring you to a place of mending. Where one day, or month or year, how ever long it takes. You will exchange those tears for laughter and remember all the silly things or the joyful times you experienced with Sydney. Your heart will become lighter and you will begin to experiece the love of Sydney in a different way although in the natural you will not feel his touch, but in the super natural you will feel his love in your heart, your thoughts will become happier and you will be blessed because you have had the most precious gift of all. Prayers are with you!

Blessings,
Pamela/Isabelle
Rainbow Bridge has a place you can add Sydney. There is where I added my Beloved German Shepherd Trek. I reflect and write my most deepest thoughts and you can visit and add things to the memorial site. It helped me a lot when I was dealing with the loss. Maybe it will do the same for you.
Hugs!!

Sydneys Mom
25th April 2012, 03:53 PM
Sydney, it's been 3 weeks since you left us and the pain of losing you is still there. I still cry every day, but not as much. You were so brave on that last day, and I am trying hard to be as brave as you.

I love you and miss you so, so much.

Moll
25th April 2012, 04:40 PM
Joyce,
I know how awful the loss of Sydney feels for you. Lady died just about the same time. I still find it hard to talk about it without tears. The one comfort that I do have is that I know she isn't in any pain anymore. Sydney isn't either. They may have gone, but the love goes on and the memories are with us forever. I got a little stone engraved for her grave and it was helpful to do that. I am sad for you!

mommytoClaire
25th April 2012, 08:54 PM
Thinking of you today Joyce. Praying that your heart is just a tad more mended, though this will take some time. He was a special boy.

Take good care of yourself my friend.

BrooklynMom
25th April 2012, 10:58 PM
Thinking of you Joyce, and I think of Sydney all the time. A special soul that will never be forgotten and who touched so many.
Time is a funny thing, they say it heals all wounds...but I think it just helps you learn to nurse them better. A loss never disappears, but with time, we hope we can breathe a bit better through the memories...and sometimes that time between pain and breathing can seem to take forever, and that's okay too. That is why we are here, whenever you need us, to support you how ever we can.

Somewhere out there, in those bright shining starts, Sydney is loving you, hugging you and never leaving your side. He is running free, without pain, and eating leftover birthday cake...because isn't that what a dog would do in heaven? Run, play and eat to their hearts content :)
xx

mommytoClaire
26th April 2012, 04:33 AM
So very well said Kelsey.....especially this part....

'time is a funny thing, they say it heals all wounds....but i think it just helps you learn to nurse them better'

Sydneys Mom
2nd May 2012, 04:47 PM
It's 4 weeks now, but it feels like a lifetime has passed since I gave you your last snuggle and kiss. My emotions are still so raw and your loss is still painful for me.

I know you will always be my special angel, watching over me from your big, bright shinning star.

I love you Sydney and miss you very much.

Now and forever - Always in my heart.

PS: I want to thank every who has sent me messages of love and support. It has meant so much during this most difficult time of my life.

anniemac
2nd May 2012, 05:59 PM
I'm in tears Joyce. Hugs to you

mommytoClaire
4th May 2012, 03:30 PM
Joyce, I'm sorry I haven't posted here, but you know I sent my thoughts privately......I know that it seems like forever since you held you wee boy. And I know your heart hurts.

I hope that You will find some joy in knowing that Sydney was given a fabulous life. I just know that though it will take you time, and no one knows how long that will be, but I just know that your heart is too big not to fill it with another sweet dog....someday when your wonderful heart is ready.

Thinking of you and Sydney, always.

paula12
10th May 2012, 01:54 AM
I am so sorry for your lost. My thoughts are with you. May Sydneys spirit run free.

xoxHannaHxox
20th May 2012, 05:13 PM
Joyce,

The joy they give us is beyond words, as is the pain we feel when they leave us. I hope that with time, fond memories will bring you much comfort.

I am so sorry you lost your treasured Companion. Sydney is a beautiful angel, patiently waiting with our faithful friends at Rainbow Bridge.

Sending you all my love.

Heaven is a little brighter now..

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?h3gvvk