PDA

View Full Version : AHT Result EFS and DE and CC

Brian M
11th April 2012, 01:34 PM
I hope Brian doesn't mind but I thought it would be useful to put a summary of results at the top of the thread;

First result is DRY EYE/CURLY COAT second is EFS

Brian M's Poppy CLEAR/CLEAR
Brian's Daisy CLEAR/CLEAR
Brian's Rosie CARRIER/CLEAR
Brian's Lily CLEAR/CARRIER
Nicki's Tommy CLEAR/CLEAR
Tania's Molly CLEAR/CLEAR
Tania's Dougall CLEAR/CLEAR
Spangly [Christine]'s Spangle CLEAR/CLEAR
Margaret C's Faith CLEAR/CLEAR
[family connection - Faith is Nicki's Tommy's maternal Aunt]
Sins' Holly CLEAR/CLEAR
Sins Ivy CLEAR/CLEAR

Hi

The first result from my four came in last night and its for our Poppy

KC Name Happy Starshine (Poppy )
Dob 04/07/2006
KC reg No AG03264703
Chip No981000000955442
Sex Bitch
Color Tricolour
Sire Korrraines Disco Dancer
Dam Sally Moonstar

Our reference: xxxxx

Dear Mr Murtagh

Thank you for taking part in our research into the frequency of the genetic mutation associated with EPISODIC FALLING in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels

The individual result for your dog is shown below:

Happy Starshine is CLEAR of episodic falling

and

Our reference: xxxxx

Dear Mr Murtagh

Thank you for taking part in our research into the frequency of the genetic mutation associated with DRY EYE AND CURLY COAT SYNDROME in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels

The individual result for your dog is shown below:

Happy Starshine is CLEAR of dry eye and curly coat syndrome

and this mail came this morning.

" Dear Mr Murtagh

You kindly sent us additional cheek swabs for our research from:

Ailcres Blue Emotion
Lichens Tartan Breeze
Loranka's Dawns Delight

We can now offer you the opportunity to receive further individual results for any or all of the dogs listed above for a reduced fee of 25 inc VAT per dog (the usual cost is 48, to include printed certificates for these additional dogs along with certificates for the dog we tested free of charge.

If you wish to receive individual results for any of these dogs, please make your cheque payable to “Animal Health Trust” and send it to Lou Hayward (CPM) at the address below. It would be helpful if you could write the name/s of the dogs you wish to receive results for on the back of the cheque.

Even if you choose not to receive results for these dogs, your submissions have been very helpful to our study and we would like to thank you for taking the time to send them in to us."

So I have just got to send a c/e in the post to get their certs ,not that I am going to breed as of course I
can't as they have all been spayed but its a little way my girls can help their brothers and sisters in our breed by hopefully in time eliminating these horrible problems.

RodRussell
11th April 2012, 01:49 PM
Congratulations, Brian.

Nicki
11th April 2012, 02:03 PM
Great news Brian and it's really good of you to get the other three tested too - it is very helpful for the research.

We had good news here too - Tommy, Pearldrift Pinball Wizard also came back CLEAR/CLEAR [my dogs all have the same parents so would have the same result]

Anyone else had their results? [I think all the e-mails were being sent out yesterday]

pippa
11th April 2012, 02:17 PM
Great news Brian:)

Sydneys Mom
11th April 2012, 02:37 PM
Fantastic news for both Brian and Nicki (Poppy and Tommy too)! Keeping finging crossed for the rest of the flower girls.

pippa
11th April 2012, 02:43 PM
And great news Nicki:)

Nicki
11th April 2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks Pippa :)

Like many others, we were keen to help with the research but thought it was preferable that dogs in breeding programs were given the opportunity first as there were only 200 places available.

Carol Fowler appealed on the forum on 8th February, saying that they were still looking for dogs with the deadline 29 February 2012, so I and other board members were able to help with this important research and it's fantastic that we had the opportunity.

Karlin
11th April 2012, 04:51 PM
Yes they had not filled the spaces with breeders as not enough take up from the club alone - so Carol kindly got in touch and helped make this more widely available so that they would fill all places. :thmbsup:I know many pet owners from the board took up that offer. :)

Tania
11th April 2012, 07:35 PM
Great News Brian and Nicki.

The results came back for Molly and they were all clear, thank goodness. I have sent the small fee off today for Dougall. fingers crossed.

Sydneys Mom
11th April 2012, 07:54 PM
Glad to hear your good news about Molly too. Fingers crosed for Dougall.

Spangly
11th April 2012, 09:19 PM
Brantwood Ultra Magic - Spangle has also tested clear for both dry eye, curly coat and efs.
She has non-congenital dry eye though, which wasn't a part of this test. I'm really glad that she could take part.

Sydneys Mom
12th April 2012, 03:03 AM
Glad there is more good news, this time for Spangle!

Nicki
12th April 2012, 07:31 AM
Great news for Tania and Christine too :D

Thank you so much everyone for taking part, and to those who are paying to have more dogs done too. :thmbsup:

Alana
12th April 2012, 01:07 PM
Great news!

Margaret C
12th April 2012, 02:10 PM
I hope Brian doesn't mind but I thought it would be useful to put a summary of reults at the top of the thread;

Brian M's Poppy CLEAR/CLEAR
Nicki's Tommy CLEAR/CLEAR
Tania's Molly CLEAR/CLEAR
Spangly [Christine]'s Spangle CLEAR/CLEAR

Wyredell Keeping Faith was clear/clear when tested last summer before she was mated. Tommy was too old for the AHT trial.

Charlifarley
12th April 2012, 02:26 PM
That's a great result from everyone so far, hope they continue to be good, and thank you on behalf of my two for taking the time to do the test. :flwr:

Sydneys Mom
12th April 2012, 02:27 PM
More congratulations to Faith!

sins
12th April 2012, 02:45 PM
Two more to add to the list
Oxencombe Foxy lady(Holly) Clear/Clear
Oxencombe Devon Dazzler (Ivy) Clear/Clear
Sins

Sydneys Mom
12th April 2012, 03:57 PM
Sins, so happy for you that Holly and Ivy are clear.

Nicki
12th April 2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks for sharing Sins, more good news :)

Great news about Auntie Faith too, Margaret!

Brian M
23rd April 2012, 11:43 AM
Hi

Received six more emails on Friday from Lou at The A H T with the following results.

KC Name Loranka's Dawns Delight ( Daisy ) DRY EYE / CURLY COAT CLEAR
Dob 09/01/2007 E F S CLEAR
KC reg No AH02335502
Chip No 978000001277257
Sex Bitch
Colour Blenheim
Sire Loranka's Contradiction
Dam Loranka's Party Piece

KC Name Lichens Tartan Breeze ( Rosie ) DRY EYE AND CURLY COAT CARRIER
Dob 19/07/2007 E F S CLEAR
KC reg No AH03488601
Chip No 978000001278725
Sex Bitch
Colour Ruby
Sire Rabymar Courageous Heart
Dam Lichens Tartan Flame

K C Name Ailcres Blue Emotion ( Lily ) DRY EYE AND CURLY COAT CLEAR
DOB 16/09/2008 E F S CARRIER
KC reg No AK01048502
Chip No981000002685820
Sex Bitch
Colour Black and Tan
Sire Campanards Tribute To Sorata ( Imp Swe )
Dam Celxo Tina Turner At Ailcres

And our Pops to keep The FlowerCavs together but I posted her results last week

KC Name Happy Starshine (Poppy ) as previously advised DRY EYE AND CURLY COAT CLEAR
Dob 04/07/2006 E F S CLEAR
KC reg No AG03264703
Chip No981000000955442
Sex Bitch
Color Tricolour
Sire Korrraines Disco Dancer
Dam Sally Moonstar

So a mix of results for two of my girls but of course they are not affected and they are spayed and they are
still my much loved FlowerCavs ,but after my paying the required 75.00 fee we know that one is a carrier of
Dry Eye and Curly Coat and another is a carrier of EFS .I am also aware that the two sires in question could
still be being used so I hope the owners will note these results and take the appropriate action .I will also
be emailing the girls breeders to advise the resuts to them .

We hope by our actions that we will have helped all our Cavalier King Charles Spaniels to a healthier ,brighter
future .

Best Wishes
Brian with a lot of help from
The FlowerCavs
Poppy ,Daisy, Rosie and Lily

sins
23rd April 2012, 12:26 PM
Well done Brian,
And of course,we're all so proud and fond of the beautiful flowercavaliers themselves.
It's truly a worthwhile undertaking by the AHT and all the clubs to carry out this study.
Sins

Brian M
29th April 2012, 06:21 PM
Hi

Below is a sample of the eight certificates I received from Lou at The AHT ,there are two certs for each, one for Curly Coat and Dry Eye and the other for E.F.S.
I have emailed the current owners of the two sires and one of the dams ,the other dam I cant trace ,and I have received kind replies from two thanking
me for making them aware of my results ,so it looks like the girls efforts have achieved what we wanted .I sent Lou an email thanking her for her kind help and also
enclosed a photo of the girls as I thought she could than put a waggy tail to a number ,and she kindly sent the foolowing part reply which of course I said yes to .

"The photo of the girls is adorable. I wonder whether you would mind if I were to use it in a little presentation I will be giving my colleagues here at the Animal Health Trust sometime in the next few weeks? It's perfect for showing all four colours and they are all posing so beautifully. The photo would not be made publically available without your express permission though."

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7183/6978951000_296b24e40d_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22730263@N07/6978951000/)

Nicki
29th April 2012, 06:38 PM
Thank you for the update Brian - good news that none of them are affected [although you would expect to be seeing symptoms by now anyway]. It's really good that you have been in contact with the breeders and received a positive response. This will be helpful to them in making breeding decisions.

Thank you for paying to have your other 3 tested, also to Tania who paid for Dougall to be tested too.