• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ceva Awards for Animal Welfare......Well done Carol Fowler

Margaret C

Carol was a finalist (for the Pet Lovers Award) at the Ceva Awards for Animal Welfare lunch held today.

She won...............and never was an award more deserved.cl*p

I'm proud to know you Carol.

That's great! :rah:She's done so much for animal welfare - not just Cavaliers, her new health website is a mine of useful information.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

How fantastic and thoroughly deserved ! Congratulations Carol and a very sincere thank you for all you have done for Cavaliers and their owners.

I think it is fantastic that CEVA have given this award to Carol. Well deserved Carol and thank you for everything you have done for our Cavaliers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Margaret, Tania and all for your lovely comments.

I was thrilled to be a finalist for the CEVA Pet Lovers Welfare Award. It was fantastic to be with so many like-minded people who are involved with Animal Welfare in one form or another. I really didn't think I would actually win the award so was gobsmacked when my name was read out. The very charming and handsome Jo Inglis handed out the prizes so I got my photo taken with him!

The guests I invited were Dan O'Neil (RVC VetCOMPASS) (who nominated me) and Clare Rusbridge (who else?) They were both in Birmingham attending the British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA) Congress which was going on at the same time.

I have a framed certificate and inscribed glass trophy(is that what it is?) engraved and in the shape of a heart. Also a fantastic prize of £1000 worth of holiday vouchers!!

The whole occasion was wonderful and I still haven't quite come down from cloud nine. At the last minute before I left home I put a photo of Bonnie in my bag and after getting the award was reminded of how it all began.

There is a meeting of the Heart panel on 25 April so let's hope there's an official Heart screening scheme before too long.

Carol

CONGRATULATIONS Carol, it's wonderful that you are getting the recognition that you so deserve.

What a lovely idea to have taken the photo of Bonnie with you - she truly was your inspiration.

The CEVA website shows the winners http://www.ceva.co.uk/en/Ceva-Awards-for-Animal-Welfare the other nominees were

Ian Farrar Coventry
Jill Moss Edgware, Middlesex
Paul Farthing Plymouth

so you can see Carol was up against some very stiff competition.

This is Carol's fabulous website http://www.dogbreedhealth.com/

Hi Carol

Well done to you it couldn't have happened to a better person ,thanks for what you have and are doing .

Thanks and Best Wishes

Brian and

Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie and Lily

So pleased to hear this wonderful news. Noone could deserve it more.

Congratulations.gif

Back