PDA

View Full Version : Lucky & Sparky at the Beach

Lani
29th April 2012, 03:37 AM
I love this picture that I took of Lucky and Sparky this afternoon at the beach:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/lanibass/IMG_4379.jpg

They had a fun day and now they are snoozing contently while they dry off from their baths :lol:

ashleighelizabeth
29th April 2012, 04:01 AM
What a sweet picture! They are both so gorgeous!!!!

Sydneys Mom
29th April 2012, 04:20 AM
That is a beautiful picture!

BrooklynMom
29th April 2012, 11:05 AM
Wonderful pic!!!! Made my day!!

Lani
30th April 2012, 02:05 AM
Wonderful pic!!!! Made my day!!

Thanks! :)

BeBe
30th April 2012, 03:11 AM
Perfect picture!

Charlifarley
30th April 2012, 10:41 AM
They are lovely and look very similar - are they from the same litter?

Lani
30th April 2012, 02:01 PM
They are lovely and look very similar - are they from the same litter?

They aren't but they do look a lot alike don't they?
Sparky is about a year younger than Lucky. He's a Lucky Star rescue from a puppy mill that was raided in West Virginia in 2008.

Calandra
1st May 2012, 05:25 AM
I love the Jersey shore, and I love looking at the pictures of all the cavaliers at the beach! Your babies are so cute. Wish we were there! :)

Lani
1st May 2012, 01:13 PM
I love the Jersey shore, and I love looking at the pictures of all the cavaliers at the beach! Your babies are so cute. Wish we were there! :)

The downside is that we had to pass a woodsy area to get to this section of beach. As a result, we brought home ticks! I think most were on the dogs, but because they are on Frontline Plus fell off them and found me. I let the dogs sleep in the bed, so I think that is how I got on on my head. Found another one the following morning and last night when I was vacuuming and washing just about everything the dogs had been near I found another live tick on the floor near their crate.

So, in 30 days or so, we'll all get tested for Lyme. And I will probably get Lyme vaccines for the dogs. We've NEVER had a tick before ever. I did bathe the dogs as soon as we got home because I was worried about poison ivy, but I think this is going to be a rough tick season. Obviously, the bath didn't remove the ticks. :(

On the Plus side ... I LOVE this picture so much, I don't think I'll need to go finding a professional photographer to take a shot of them. I love this more than anything anyone else could do. :)

Lani
1st May 2012, 06:09 PM
I would really love to have this photo made into a painting. I used a photo app on Facebook and love this effect. This I would totally frame and put on my wall! :)

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/lanibass/dogspainting.jpg

anniemac
1st May 2012, 06:58 PM
Beautiful!

Lani
12th July 2012, 12:37 AM
Just a quick update to this - turns out my sister's dog Razz got Lyme disease on this outing. :(

He was just diagnosed today.

I haven't had Lucky and Sparky tested yet (they are not showing any symptoms) but I got myself tested and I'm negative (had a tick on my head!).

I'm going to try to bring Lucky & Sparky into the vet this weekend to get tested and then get them a vaccine as well once we confirm they are negative for Lyme (since the vaccine can produce a false positive)