• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

To put it politely Alfie's growing up :0/

cheekyAlfie

Just recently Alfie has started to, well in as polite as possible he's "mounting"?! his big cushion all the time! He's going mad for it again :0/ sorry ! I don't like it lol I keep pushing him off but i suppose it's natural but he's still a baby 5 months old today! Dirty wee boy! I didn't think he'd get like that really but he has :0(

Last edited:
Haha, I remember that stage very well. Both of mine went crazy trying to hump each other. I eventually decided to have them both neutered, not just for that reason. The vets told me it reduces the risk of prostate cancer, I also have them off lead most of time so didn't want to be the cause of any unwanted pups on our local park. The humping stopped almost immediately although Baxter still likes to mount Theo in the park to show everyone that Theo belongs to him if there are a few too many other dogs around us

Oliver mounted for a short while. His breeder recommended removing anything he tried to hump. So he no longer has largish soft toys. He doesn't hump anything now except for the occasional dog whom he swiftly gets "off" once told and he is still intact.
They do grow out of it. Disallowing the behaviour in any form has worked for us. :)
M&O

It is funny when we see them with a very serious face humping/mounting a toy/another dog! Chloe, a wee girl does that too to her toys Buddy and Yellow, though only once in a blue moon these days, but still; when that happens we started laughing and sometimes she just stop and look at us as if she has done something wrong. Thank goodness she is too shy to do something similar in public!
-
Chloe

Back