• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our new addition and a final farewell to my angel Harry

xoxHannaHxox

Hello everyone :)

I decided to take a break from CavalierTalk after I lost Harry as it was so overwhelming and unfortunately I was finding it difficult to come on here. I found myself depressed and isolating myself from everyone and everything but I am now leading a happy life again full of acceptance, hope and memories of my special little guy icon_blshing So thank you everybody for the messages of support I am so grateful to you all, you really are wonderfully special people.

7182896594_3e9af56d68.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

When Harry passed, my first words were "I can never have another dog" especially not a Cavalier for fear of the heartbreak. I was scared of 'replacing Harry' but I know thats not how it works. For weeks, I was casually looking over the internet for weeks - emaphasis on the words casually and looking :rolleyes: Some said it was too soon, but weeks felt like months along without Harry by my side, I saw a picture of a perfectly adorable Cavalier puppy and his littermates, I later found out he was living only 30 minutes away. Mum suggested we go and look but I told her I wasnt sure about it and was expecting to come back home diappointed and disheartened. After much deliberation I decided to visit him, so me, my mum and my boyfriend set off on a Sunday morning. As soon as they opened the door, 3 adult beautiful Cavaliers came bounding towards us and I felt I could cry, not with sadness, with happiness. I had missed this so much. So we went in and sat down, all 5 puppies were asleep in the conservatory. The owners called "Puppppiieeees" and they all woke up and ran towards us like something from 101 Dalmations. Anyway, after visiting, I called back a few hours later to say I would take Buster home, who has now become my Charlie :-D In fact we nearly had his brother too! But this was just too much for my poor dad (not a huge dog lover) to take in!

So I have come to you all to introduce Charlie (aka Charlie Bear - you will see why!)

My first morning in my forever home..

7182865310_a71049d12a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

7182864292_ec76e9117f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

7182859042_c580a0fa25.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Me and mummy...

7182869752_4bbc149167.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

7182874262_f5165b4191.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

7182887726_ddc79a2fd3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My new friend from puppy party at the vets..

7182883150_0fa8be3261.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow little Charlie is so cute!!! I'm so happy for you not just on getting the new puppy, I know it was heartbreaking for you to come to terms with the lost of your Harry. His memory lives on no matter if you ever owned a new dog or not. I'm also glad you don't feel like your replacing him either Charlie is his own dog....that special relationship can be had several times with different dogs in different ways. Again I'm glad your on your way to learning that.

Sending lots of well wished and its nice to met you super cute Charlie.

Melissa

Harry will live on forever in your heart....welcome to little Charlie, he's adorable:)

Charlie Bear is so so super cute and looks very very happy and content. Lucky him! I believe this is exactly what Harry would like for you to have.

--
Chloe

i,am so pleased you have found another puppy to love, you have so much love to give, hes a very lucky boy, i would feel just like you, when rubys time comes, its something i don,t want to think about, shes my soulmate, and dear harry had the best mum in the whole wide world, god bless you karen

I am so very happy for you. Harry would be proud of you for opening your heart once again. I know how difficult this was for you as I lost Sydney on April 4 and even though I know there will be another cavalier in my life, for me, not just yet. Someday I too will be ready.

Charlie has the most adorable face. So glad you have him. Have fun and enjoy all his new adventures and keep us posted with stories and pictures!

Congratulations on little Charlie, he is so cute, nothing will ever replace Harry, they are all different and special in their own way. Hoping he will give you many years of joy. The memorial plaque for Harry is lovely.

I am so glad you opened your heart again. You know, I feel it is quite honoring to get a new dog....it shows how much of a hole there is in your heart and how you needed to fill it.

So, Charlie is gorgeous, but of course, I am partial to Rubies (wonder why). I wish you much love and happiness with your new addition. There is nothing like a puppy kiss to help heal a broken heart.

Charlie is absolutely gorgeous and I am glad you were ready to open your heart to another Cavalier.

I am just very surprised that you went to what looks like a none health testing breeder. Especially after the heart break you had with Harry.

Thanks everyone! He is a cheeky little boy :)

I understand Sabby, I said that I would only get another Cavalier under those conditions and I did initially get in touch with a breeder that did test. I did however fall for Charlie. I was hesitant but the family were extremely caring and had 3 adult cavaliers who were everything to them, they had cavalier memorabilia all over the house. I know that might not sound important.. I can't explain. They had run some tests already and had the paperwork to prove but admitted it was an accident. In the end I thought, there are no guarantees even if I did go to a breeder who bred for a living and tested. I felt I had the necessary experience to care for Charlie if/when he did become ill and would be able to spot the signs early. I will ensure he has the best quality of life and make sure I remain selfless.

I hope you understand xxx

He is absolutley gorgeous! Congratulations!! Im sure Harry will be very pleased that you have a new little friend to dote on. xx

hi
thats a beautiful memorial to harry you don't forget the love and happiness they give us
charlie bear is absolutley gorgeous and good luck with him (beautiful photo's)

Charlie is just precious! Harry will always have a place in your heart, and I'm sure he's so happy to see his mum giving her love to another sweet baby.

Back