PDA

View Full Version : Sadie 4-6yrs ex-breeding bitch looking for a new forever home

erose
29th May 2012, 05:36 PM
Sadie is a Ruby cavalier who is being fostered on Par in Cornwall having been handed in to Friends of Animals RCT. Here is her rehoming thread
http://foa-rct.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=dogs&thread=11725&page=1
Please contact the rescue for more details

erose
10th June 2012, 11:33 PM
Sadie is still looking for a forever home

DZee
11th June 2012, 12:50 AM
She is such a pretty lady ! :l*v:
I do pray she finds a good home...and soon !!
I have a question for you. Why do some breeders sell their females after they retire them? :confused:
I see it happen here in the United States too.
I guess I can't see having a dog if it's only purpose is to produce pups..and then get rid of it.
...but that's just me. :(

ByFloSin
11th June 2012, 10:05 AM
I know why they do it. If you supplement your income by breeding dogs then having a non producing bitch is a strain on the financial resources, so they are rehomed - for money of course. The vacancy is then filled with another pup or young bitch to continue the breeding cycle and keep the money flowing. Sorry, I don't like it. What comes in through my door as a pup spends it's life with me; end of.

DZee
11th June 2012, 04:52 PM
I sort of figured that was the case. Sad actually that some people are so selfish and only care about $$.
Breaks my heart!
I agree w/ you 100%. If we get a pup..or a dog...it becomes part of the family..we love it as such.
It lives out the rest of it's life / us.
At least this little Sadie will finally get the loves she deserves. I am praying someone will be willing to give her a forever home. I think she is beautiful !!

karen baker
13th June 2012, 06:38 PM
hi there, wondered if anyone knows how long it takes to hear back from friends of animals rct rescue, i am very interested in how sadie the cavalier is doing? has she been rehomed, i did give my details on applying for adoption on sunday to the rescue centre, i believe shes being fostered in cornwall, i have not heard anything, it maybe i,am not a suitable candidate, but i just would love to know if shes found a new home. karen and ruby

erose
21st June 2012, 03:53 PM
Sadie is now reserved.

Karen I'm sure someone from FOA will be in touch or you can check the forum for news.

Regards
Carol

karen baker
21st June 2012, 10:46 PM
thanks carol, fingers crossed, pauline been in touch, awaiting home visit, they have reserved sadie, karen

Nicki
22nd June 2012, 12:47 PM
Oh paws crossed for you Karen :)

The other side of rehoming ex breeding bitches is that they then get lots of individual attention rather than just being one of many...also as they get older it can be hard for them to cope with lots of young dogs and puppies around - and leaping all over them :( It obviously is also a strain on the finances, which is why many breeders do it, but I would personally prefer that they were found homes rather than living the rest of their lives in outside kennels. Some are lucky enough to live indoors, but still get only a small share of the breeder's attention. As most Cavaliers suffer with health problems as they age, and many of us know how hard that can be to manage in terms of sheer physical time, emotions and financial considerations, surely it is better that they are in a family?

I have rehomed quite a few retired breeding bitches and dogs, they have blossomed in a home environment and loved the attention, getting out for walks every day, and even going on holiday and new adventures.

It would be lovely to think that all breeders could keep all their oldies, but I have known of situations where they then end up with lots of old dogs that they cannot care for properly :( :(

karen baker
22nd June 2012, 08:05 PM
it upsets me desperately, i want to rehome them all!!! but of course its impossible, but hopefully if all goes well, i can at least love and take care of one precious little creature, i feel such a connection with her already, dear sweet sadie. karen

erose
26th June 2012, 10:22 PM
Fingers crossed for you Karen. I know what a stressful time it is waiting for the homecheck and that long awaited call. We had it last year when we applied to adopt Bryn (then Pooch) from FOARCT.
That call from pauline saying he was our's was just so good.
We traveled down to Wales from Yorkshire to my son's for an overnight stay and then up to Paulines to collect the lovely boy. It's been the best year of our lives. My husband has never had a dog and Bryn turned out to be a "man's" dog. It's lovely to watch them playing in the garden. I do get cuddles but it's Trevor's lap he sits on most. He loves the grandchildren and they him.
Hope you have the good news soon

karen baker
26th June 2012, 10:59 PM
thank you so much, for your support, whoooooo!!!! sadie is mine, picking her up friday lunch time, 12 hour round trip, but the adrenaline will keep me going, same as you, will spend night at my daughters, it just feels so right, taking ruby my other cavalier with me, dear sweet sadie i hope she likes me, i just want to love and care for her, she will never feel abandoned again, and she will have the life she has always wanted. will let you all know on her arrival at her new home, and try and get some photos of her on the forum, god knows how i,ll do that. thank you all karen and ruby x

Margaret C
26th June 2012, 11:08 PM
Wonderful news.
She is a very lucky little girl to be coming to such a loving home.

karen baker
26th June 2012, 11:17 PM
thank you margaret, so excited, rubys been so used to being on her own for six years, but shes so easy going, and i,am sure she will love her as much as me. karen and ruby.

Charlifarley
26th June 2012, 11:22 PM
Congratulations. I bet it feels like Friday will never come!!

erose
27th June 2012, 10:02 PM
:p That's great new Karen I'm so please for you all

Nicki
29th June 2012, 09:58 PM
thank you so much, for your support, whoooooo!!!! sadie is mine, picking her up friday lunch time,

Guessing you are on your way home with Sadie :) Congratulations, wishing you many happy times ahead. Thank you so much for adopting this wee darling.

kknight4891
29th June 2012, 10:05 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/wmifc7.jpg Here is a pic of Karen(Mum) with her 2 girls, Sadie was such a pleasure to meet in the few hours we were together she went from being very nervous to coming over to me and my fiance and licking our hands.

meljoy
29th June 2012, 10:46 PM
Oh lovely.

Good luck in your forever home and with your new family Sadie cl*p

karen baker
30th June 2012, 02:05 PM
sadie is home after a 12 hour round trip, she is amazing!!!!! i felt such emotion when i first saw her, but remained composed, until i got home, then i cried, shes been through so much, i just want her to be happy, every hour that goes by, seems to be getting easier for her, she has given me something i have never experienced, and ruby seems totally unfazed by her. I would like to thank friends of the animals and her foster mum linda who worked so hard with sadie, because she was so traumatised, and gave her lots of time and love. and most of all for allowing me to be her new mum. karen ruby and sadie :thnku: