• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Natural way to prevent fleas, tick etc.

MomObvious

In my reading breeders websites (some protocol testers and some not or doesn't say) as well as searching the web looking for info on natural ways to prevent fleas and ticks. I'm more interested in the tick and mosquitoes parts. I live in Virginia low lining Virginia mosquitoes are always bad here and ticks too. So far I have read a bunch about garlic juice? Does anyone here know anything about this? I do not want to put Fletcher in harms way period, however in a perfect world if this would works well why use the chemicals, like Frontline etc.

We use a green company at work to control bugs inside the building. Its a childcare center try as you may there are going to be bugs. I just also had the same company use another green spray on the playgrounds for mosquitoes he says it will work in ticks too if they are on the ground (ticks here hang out in trees too so). I usually use a chemical product on my little yard at home, however this year I'm going to try this guys green product. This product contains garlic, herbs and yeast its even safe for humans to drink (he says, I won't try it tho).

Any input??? Any experience?? Is garlic bad for dogs? I would prefer to find a recipes and make it myself, rather than get bushwhacked by crazy company claiming whatever.

Garlic fine for dogs, but don't expect it to do much.

I haven't tried neem, but it's supposed to be effective against ticks. I believe it's powdered bark from the neem tree. You can look up safety on it, but I believe it's drunk as a medicinal tea.

I have found some good information on http://www.purelypets.com - there are some good articles regarding natural remedies. As I mentioned though, lot's of disagreement regarding the effectiveness so keep in mind this is a pro-natural remedy site!

Back