PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the good 'ole U.S.

DZee
3rd June 2012, 11:17 PM
Looks like I may be the only one from the United States..but "hello" to you all ! :)
My name is Diane..and we have a little ( ruby) K.C. Cavalier.
His name is Wrigley and he just turned 7 mo. old.
He is a bundle of energy..but just the sweetest little guy !!
Wrigley lives w/ our 108 lb. (very laid back!) Black Labrador ~ Zeb.
They absolutely luv each other..and we love them !
We lost our Golden retreiver ( age 11 + yrs.) about 6 months ago to cancer (R.I.P.):(.
He was a sweetheart..we still miss him.
We wanted another dog ( we believe in having 2 dogs :o)...
so we did some research & found that the Cavaliers were just what we were looking for.
We owned dogs for many years...( retrievers mostly) so this is the 1st time we have had a smaller breed...and we are in love !
I am looking forward to chatting w/ you all..and sharing about our pups. :cool:
....could someone tell me how to share a picture of our furry friends?....:confused:
*THANKS*

Karlin
4th June 2012, 12:18 AM
Hello and welcome. :) No you are not the only one from the US -- it is a very international board and we have tons of cavalier owners here from the US. :D Sorry about your loss of your retriever. Many people feel cavaliers have similar personalities to goldens in a smaller package. :)

Lani
4th June 2012, 12:19 AM
Hi There! You aren't the only US member :-)

I am from St Louis originally and now live in NJ with my two ruby boys, Sparky and Lucky.

There is a thread in the getting started section about posting pictures ... here you go!

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?17567-Posting-pictures

My Henry Boy
4th June 2012, 12:41 AM
Welcome! Definitely not the only one from the This side of the pond. We relocated from NY to SC. I'm sorry for your loss.

DZee
4th June 2012, 12:43 AM
Please forgive me...I'm just getting used to the forum. I think I DID post twice. ...ooops !!
Thank you for your kind replies.
I will post some pictures here soon *!
Yes.. I do think that the Cavaliers personality is much like a Golden retriever.
Very gentle and loving...and full of energy !! Hahaha*
I find it interesting actually..the different personalities each breed has.
Our Cav. ~ Wrigley seems to love the water as much as our Labrador ~ Zeb.
And believe it or not..they BOTH are snugglers.
I also think it funny how "bold" these little guys are !
We have about 1/4 of an acre that backs up to woods & a small creek.
It is completely fenced in...but we have deer, coons, possums..all kinds of critters that walk thru at times.
Huge flood lights...but I still NEVER let Wrigley outside at night without Zeb.
Zeb chases off anything...even tho he is actually a HUGE lover boy.
Wrigley thinks he is the same size as Zeb I do believe (*wink)..as he is fearless!!
They certainly keep me entertained...and I love them to pieces !

Karlin
4th June 2012, 12:58 AM
Initial posts get held in moderation -- just a way to prevent spam posts by ensuring people are real people. :) So there was a delay before your first post was okayed. I just deleted the duplicate post; sorry about the delay.

BeBe
4th June 2012, 01:12 AM
Hello to you and welcome - I am living in North Carolina but originally am from Nebraska! Hope to see your pictures soon!

emmaK11
4th June 2012, 01:33 AM
Hello! Im from the states too! This is my first cavalier, I got her in April last year! I love this breed and I am definitely going to get Emma a sibling!

Sydneys Mom
4th June 2012, 03:36 AM
Hi and welcome....I live in San Diego now but orignially lived in NY

DZee
4th June 2012, 03:54 AM
Thank you everyone for being so friendly & welcoming !
Btw.. Joyce..> I "love" your signature quote !!

Love my Cavaliers
4th June 2012, 08:31 AM
You wouldn't happen to be a Cubs fan would you? (with a name like Wrigley) Welcome from my four. Be aware - they're addictive!

DZee
4th June 2012, 05:01 PM
Haha.. I don't watch baseball..but my hubby does...so yes. The name came from Wrigley field. My husband is big into sports. Believe it or not..he 1st wanted the name Ditka. ( for Mike Ditka)..and I said...> nooooo !!

Looked at the pictures of your Cavaliers..they are so cute*
P.S. You are near the Chicago area I see?.... we are 3 hrs. away.

MomObvious
4th June 2012, 05:17 PM
Nope I'm in the US too. Born and raised in Virginia!!! I have a 3 month old cavalier named Fletcher, I'm totally in love with. I like to post here because #1 if you have any questions someone here always has good advice espeically in health and #2 we are all so in love with our little cavaliers I think we find more joy in their little stories (well at least I do)

Yes, this forum is pretty international. Being from the "south" I have to refrain from using words like ya'll :rolleyes:

Welcome,
Melissa

BeBe
6th June 2012, 06:28 AM
So funny - all ya'll are cracking me up!