PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recomend a cleaning product please?

GroovyGran
10th June 2012, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone. We have just moved house and have two caveliers. We have a concrete patio at the back, where our little angels seem to insist on weeing etc. I seem to be hosing this down non stop, to stop any nasty smells.We have got a large doggie disinfectant from online, to kill bacteria wtc. but sometimes on a sunny day (I know! not many) I can still smell the urine. I windered if anyone knows of a good product that will eliminate smells etc. At the moment, I have been hosing with the doggie disinfectant, and spraying with Fabreze Fabric Spray, which I fins very good in the house, but is costing me a fortune to use outside as well. We do take them out for walks, but seem to love weeing uo my plant containers on the patio. Any idea's really welcome please!

regards, Gran:confused:

DZee
10th June 2012, 11:42 PM
Good 'ole "bleach". Use 5 oz. bleach per one gallon of water.

MomObvious
11th June 2012, 12:01 AM
Yes my little Fletcher is "using" the patio most of the time too. We are picking up poop and hosing down the patio every day. Also, my husband is has gone to using good 'ole bleach every morning just before he leaves the house (Fletcher has already left with me and our poodle is going with him). My back yard smells a little like a swimming pool but not pee or poop. I'm sure its not good for the grass but.....whatever.

Emkaybee
11th June 2012, 03:14 AM
Another good choice is vinegar...diluted or straight since its outdoors. It balances out the ammonia of the urine.

DZee
11th June 2012, 04:03 AM
Another good choice is vinegar...diluted or straight since its outdoors. It balances out the ammonia of the urine.

Forgot about Vinegar..yeah..that's another good one ! ( might even be better !..since you aren't going to have the "fumes" bleach causes)
.... we DO need a "like" button on this forum !! ... ;)

GroovyGran
11th June 2012, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the tips, I'll try both (not both at once, lol) and see which works best for me.
Vinegar seems to come up a lot on recipes for cleaning. I had posted another question on google, as we have just had high gloss laminate laid in our house, and wanted to know what was best to clean it without getting residue marks. Vinegar and water came up in that one too!
Thanks again

Soushiruiuma
11th June 2012, 02:31 PM
At the first vet office I worked at we used a cleaning product called Lemon Quat (short for quaternary cleaner). Its a hospital disinfectant/cleaner. It did a great job on concrete and painted concrete, and leaves a lemon scent.

We kept gallon containers of it, and mixed a few ounces per gallon of water.

And make sure you use a pressurised nozzle on your hose (pressure washers really do the trick, but they're pricey). If you spray down with pressurised hose, spread cleaning solution with a mop or squeegee, let that soak for 5-10 minutes, and then wash away with pressurised hose again you should get pretty good results.