PDA

View Full Version : Nature diet

xoxHannaHxox
13th June 2012, 11:22 AM
Sorry for all the questions lately everyone!

Charlie is fed on wainwrights dry food at the moment with a tiny bit of NatureDiet warmed up as a topper. He will only eat it this way and really enjoys his dinner times now :)

My question is NatureDiet says on the packet once opened eat within 48 hours! Charlie is never going to eat that whole thing in 48 hours when I only use it as a topper! :(

So I keep the food in the packet in a sealed sandwich bag, then put that in a sealed lunchbox and in the fridge. Any food he has I scrape it out and put it in a separate bowl to heat up.

Do you think this would be ok for a few days??

DZee
13th June 2012, 06:18 PM
If left to sit out..it may go to waste..but if you put it in the fridge like you are doing.. I would think it would be fine.
Can I ask you why you warm his food? Is it just because he likes it that way? :o

Sydneys Mom
13th June 2012, 07:05 PM
If left to sit out..it may go to waste..but if you put it in the fridge like you are doing.. I would think it would be fine.
Can I ask you why you warm his food? Is it just because he likes it that way? :o

When I picked up Sydney as a puppy, his breeder was going over care instructions. When she talked about his wet puppy food, she said she always warmed it up as "everyone deserves a warm meal". I did it that way all his life.

xoxHannaHxox
13th June 2012, 08:43 PM
Aw "everyone deserves a warm meal" - this is the line I'll use when family members ask me why I warm Charlie's food!

Honestly though I read on the packaging that it can be fed warm and thought "why haven't I thought of this before!" so I tried it, it made it a little more stinky but easier to mix with his dry food and he loves it!