• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Strawberries

Brian M

Hi

I never ever bother with fruit or veg I am a flower person but this year I bought two different
types of strawberry planter and put them on bricks and planted them up a couple of months
ago and fed them every two days .So far lots of little ones but no big ones so I thought they
mustnt grow very big then last night I caught them ,three thieves it was working as an organised
gang ,yes it was Poppy ,Rosie and Lily plucking them off and down the throat they go .I wonder why Daisy
was not involved thought she would of been the leader .
Oh well I tried wont be doing it next year .

Best Wishes

bri

ohh!!! why not, you must plant strawberries next year, they had been waiting patientely for the last 6months so they were nice and ripe, lol, karen

Our strawberries actually grew back the last two years (or rather never really died in the winter). Maybe you won't have to replant next year to keep the girls stocked with fresh strawberries.

We hardly get any either and just tiny ones too. Occassionally when I'm watering the other plants I'll see a ripe one and pluck to have a snack. Dogs never bother with them though.

Lol they like to keep you on your toes!You must plant more Bri, the girls level of service has to be maintained & now they have a taste for them..........

funny Daisy wasnt right in there tho mm..maybe she'd already had all the best ones! Dont forget to take 3 strawbs in doors- one each for you, Dawn & Luke then the girls can have the rest!

I don't know about planting strawberries but I LOVE to go pick them.....yummy too bad you don't have any extras to send to me LOL

Melissa

My strawberries come back every year even though Harley uses the big pot to jump on and say hi to our next doors dog. I planted wild/forest strawberries last year they are very tiny put you get loads of them and they taste sooooo much better then the normal ones.

Ha ha Bosco did that last year. It's the downside of giving them strawberries as part of their food. We have our strawberries under netting this year though they aren't growing too well at the moment -a bit too much rain and too little sun I think.

Hi

Given up on them last night when I tuned around the two planters were surrounded by four Cavaliers so told Geoff at work
to pick them up he can have them ,oh well I tried but I didnt think .

Back