• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sneezing Doggies

Mimi

Hi, Maybe I'm worrying over nothing but 2 of my 3 Cavaliers are sneezing on and off since saturday . They are all up to date with injections etc. The third does not have any sneezing. They have a clear discharge when they sneeze .
Do I need a trip to the vet?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mimi

Is it dusty where you are? Something flowering that wasn't before? First I'd check out the dogs' environment. If they otherwise acting fine, it's probably dust or an allergy. You might call your vet and ask. If you suspect its an allergy, you can give them over the counter stuff like Benadryl but would follow your vet's dosing recommendations.

No changes to the environment at all. I'm puzzled and think I will go to the vet in case. Oh now one of them has started coughing I'm really worried now.

Is there a high pollen count at the moment? It could be hayfever. If you're concerned at all then I'd take them to the vet! Better safe than sorry!

Sounds like it could be kennel cough -- highly contagious and easily picked up. Or some other virus. It is worth a vet visit I think. Kennel cough if not severe can just run its course, but can need addressing and vets can give something to help ease the coughing. Sneezing may indicate it's something else instead, that needs treatment. It definitely sounds like something contagious! I wouldn't be too worried but would get it checked. I'd always explain the symptoms and ask if it is something I should come in for -- sometimes my vets will say no. So I ask before making an appointment.

Hi just an update on the dogs all 3 have kennel cough even though they are up to date with vaccines . Nifa the one with heart condition started coughing today but the Vet had already started her on antibiotics with the others on Tuesday. I have no idea where they picked it up unless a stray cat who is hanging around could have brought it to the house. Fingers crossed antibiotics will kick in soon.
Mimi

Back