PDA

View Full Version : We added a new family member today...

Furrfoot
26th September 2012, 04:24 AM
Meet Emma :) She 2-3 years old, and she's currently on restriction because of heartworm treatment for the next 6 weeks, but after that, she and Rose are free to play! She will be around 45 lbs after she finishes putting on a little weight ;) .

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/boxart/P1100600.jpg

Sydneys Mom
26th September 2012, 05:23 PM
Hi Emma, glad to meet you. I'm sure you're going to have lots of fun playing with Rose. You are a beauty!

My Henry Boy
26th September 2012, 05:31 PM
Congrats on your new baby! Boxers are awesome. Love them!

Emkaybee
27th September 2012, 02:20 AM
she's a beauty! boxers are lovable clowns--hope you have a lot of fun!

Furrfoot
27th September 2012, 03:04 AM
Thanks! I think she and Rose will be a good match energy wise (Emma is a bit laid back for a boxer, like our Mattie was, and Rose is a bit high energy for Cav ;) ). That is, if Emma ever gets out of my husband's lap! lol Well, I take that back- she did have to have a turn snoozing in the recliner with me later on last night. Rose is handling it well, though :) .

My Henry Boy
27th September 2012, 03:18 AM
I would love another boxer. I miss my Rocco! He was such an amazing friend, to both me and the kids :*)

DZee
27th September 2012, 03:40 AM
Awe..she is adorable !! Our daughter & son-in-law had a Boxer ( Reba) that looked almost exactly like her !
She was a little over 12 yrs. old when she passed away.

MomObvious
27th September 2012, 07:36 PM
She is a cutie! Boxers are one of the large breed dog I think I could live with everyone I have ever met was so well mannered and sweet.

Furrfoot
27th September 2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks :) ! I think boxer and Cav personalities have a lot of similarities (but so far, the Cavaliers don't seem to be quite as big doofuses/clowns as boxers, haha). I saw several pics/videos of people who had both boxers and Cavaliers, and thought "Hey, maybe we can do this!". I can't WAIT for them to be able to play (neither can they- I did learn last night that taking them both out to potty at the same time is NOT going to work, because it's potty and then playtime! in their heads ;) .

MomObvious
27th September 2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks :) ! I think boxer and Cav personalities have a lot of similarities (but so far, the Cavaliers don't seem to be quite as big doofuses/clowns as boxers, haha). I saw several pics/videos of people who had both boxers and Cavaliers, and thought "Hey, maybe we can do this!". I can't WAIT for them to be able to play (neither can they- I did learn last night that taking them both out to potty at the same time is NOT going to work, because it's potty and then playtime! in their heads ;) .

What are you talking about Fletcher is a doofuse!! Why is it do you think he fits in so nicely with my family? :rolleyes:

Lani
27th September 2012, 08:30 PM
Adorable!! Such a sweet face. What a lucky girl to have found you. :)

My Henry Boy
28th September 2012, 01:14 AM
Boxes are the biggest clowns in the canine world. And truly nothing beats those goofy faces and antics! Enjoy her!

Furrfoot
28th September 2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks! We are already :) .

Well, yes, Rose is a doofus too, just not as big of one, haha ;) .

Emma has gotten about 2 inches taller since yesterday...poor girl, I guess she's settling in and not crouching anymore (she is definitely getting more comfortable with us :) ). She also has a habit of studying people- a bit unnerving if you're not used to a boxer face, let alone a dog staring at you, but as soon as you say something, her nubby starts a'goin' ;) . I've never seen a boxer who had a "vibrate" setting on their nubby tail, lol!