PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Karen P
17th October 2012, 10:51 PM
Hi there,
I have recently joined and thought I should introduce myself. My name is Karen and I have a gorgeous 6 year old blenheim cavalier called Maisy. We have been through many ups and downs together, as we have struggled with her health. Maisy has CM, MVD, PSOM, Bells Palsy, and multiple allergies. When I first got Maisy as an 8 week old puppy, my main concern was focused on her family tree being heart clear, I knew little about SM, and the CM which would cause her so much distress in the future.
The past year has been particularly difficult, with her CM getting worse, causing numerous symptoms, vet visits, trying to find the right medication to keep her as comfortable as possible etc. She is quite a fragile little girl now, on many tablets, and needing a little buggy when we go out for when she gets tired.
I joined the Companion Cavalier club, which has been wonderful. I have made many new friends, receiving (and hopefully giving) much support through their facebook page. Through this I met Tania (Cavalier Matters), who has been an amazing friend, coming with me to appointments with Maisy to see the Neurologist Dr Rusbridge, and stepping in when I have been too unwell to take her myself. (I have a lot of my own health issues). Tania works tirelessly for Cavaliers, with her charity cavalier matters, and I have now started to help out with the charity in little ways, which I am enjoying immensely.
I have also got to know Nicki, from Ruperts Fund, well, and again, here is another lady who has done so much to raise awareness of the genetic illnesses these wonderful little dogs can suffer from. It is heart warming to know there are a growing group of cavalier lovers who are trying to face this problem head on, and raise the funds needed for research into what can be done.
Anyway, that is enough about me for now, I will put a few little photos of my darling baby girl Maisy below. Thanks for reading x

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/487879_433333270040714_1723553585_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/562047_389312734442768_218275383_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376409_438022439570699_768370702_n.jpg

Brian M
17th October 2012, 11:01 PM
HI
And wellcome to you and you beautiful dogs .

Tania
17th October 2012, 11:18 PM
Glad you have joined Karen, you will make some lovely friends here. Hugs to Maisy. icon_welcome

Karen P
17th October 2012, 11:52 PM
Thankyou Brian and Tania x

Sydneys Mom
18th October 2012, 12:03 AM
Welcome Karen and Maisy! Look forward to knowing you both.

Love my Cavaliers
18th October 2012, 03:34 AM
Welcome Karen. Maisy is absolutley gorgeous. I love her pictures here and also the one of her with the ruby santas. I'm sorry that she is not well - especially at such a young age. Riley, my 10 year old, has advanced SM and it's so hard to see them suffer. Luckily though, not one of my four has any cardiac issues. You have made such wonderful contacts through Tania and Nicki. Hugs to you and your sweet little girl.

mld
18th October 2012, 06:05 PM
What a beautiful girl Maisy is! Sending healing thoughts and prayers to Maisy and your family

Karen P
19th October 2012, 10:05 PM
Thankyou everyone for such a warm welcome xxx

My Henry Boy
20th October 2012, 04:08 AM
Hi Karen! Your girl is gorgeous! Welcome :-)

Karen P
22nd October 2012, 03:15 PM
Thankyou! She is my little baby x

lindylou
22nd October 2012, 03:55 PM
hi
and welcome maisy absolutly beautiful
sending maisy kisses and cuddles from louie and is mum

Karen P
23rd October 2012, 09:29 PM
Thankyou xx