PDA

View Full Version : Adoption

mld
4th November 2012, 01:12 PM
I know it hasn't been very long since Molly passed away!
I knew that I wanted another companion, Cavaliers gave me so much love, but as much as I would love another Cavalier I just can't. He death was awful, and I am too scared to get another one because of the health issues. And it seems like the breeders are breeding them at 2 years of age, which may be too early to really know if they are going to have problems.
So I have decided to adopt a rescue Greyhound, not finished the process yet.

MomObvious
4th November 2012, 02:24 PM
From a cavalier to a greyhound that's a difference:-D I think its great that you would like another dog. Its just a personal decision when or if to get another dog after one passes. Personally I think its a honor and testament to the wonderful relationship you shared with Molly that you are ready to love another dog again.

mld
4th November 2012, 04:53 PM
Well, I volunteer with the local greyhound rescue, and I know how gentle and loving they are. So beside the size difference they are great companions like a cavaliers. I also volunteer at the local shelter, and though some of the dogs there are great others have a lot of anger issues because they came from abusive homes.