PDA

View Full Version : Poop walking

wolf23
7th February 2013, 12:59 AM
Is this a Cavalier trait? Remy will start in one place and then squat walk all the while relieving himself. I did have a husky once that did this, but didn't know if this is a breed thing or an individual thing. Any other owners of poop walkers out there?

The good news is he is doing really well on his potty training and hasn't had a poop accident in the house in over a week. He just turned 15 weeks :)

Lani
7th February 2013, 01:03 AM
Sparky does this but Lucky does not

Emkaybee
7th February 2013, 05:50 AM
Mine doesn't. Can you encourage him to stay put? I would think there'd be a greater chance of him soiling himself if he's moving...

Furrfoot
7th February 2013, 05:54 AM
Sometimes Rose does, sometimes she doesn't... *shrugs*

Kate H
7th February 2013, 10:44 AM
Aled does quite often, Oliver doesn't - so perhaps it's an individual preference:lol: rather than a breed trait. I've learnt to watch my step when cleaning up after Aled in the garden, because his offerings can be anywhere!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

sunshinekisses
7th February 2013, 04:25 PM
hehe...I have one that does that, I call it crop dusting.

pippa
7th February 2013, 05:19 PM
My rescue boy DJ does this and has since we got him 5 years ago.

Charlifarley
7th February 2013, 05:44 PM
Yes Bosco does this too :)

MomObvious
7th February 2013, 05:56 PM
This is a ridiculous topic:jump: What's even more crazy is it seems a lot of our cavaliers do this. Fletcher does too!! He also does this what I call chicken scratching after he poops- he gets in the patio and like flicks his back feet across the concrete. Weirdo!!!! My husband comments that Larry the Cable guy does a joke about his Grandmother with the walking farts and Fletcher has the walking poops.

Lukesmom
7th February 2013, 11:27 PM
Luke does. He starts out in one place, and sometimes I think he's done, but no, he was just spreading it out.

Karlin
8th February 2013, 12:12 AM
An individual dog thing, not a breed thing, as I know other dogs that aren't cavaliers that do this too. :lol:

My Lily does this (the most inappropriately named cavalier ever).

Karlin
8th February 2013, 12:12 AM
An individual dog thing, not a breed thing, as I know other dogs that aren't cavaliers that do this too. :lol:

My Lily does this (the most inappropriately named cavalier ever).

CSutherland
8th February 2013, 02:33 AM
Not to hijack a thread, but I've noticed my Bentley doing an unusual amount of circling before he poops lately. He has always done the figure 8, circling, pacing, etc, but it seems to last longer of late. Funny to watch.

CSutherland
8th February 2013, 02:34 AM
And, isn't it ridiculous that Cavs are so darn cute & adorable that we're even having this conversation! :l*v:

MomObvious
8th February 2013, 02:54 AM
And, isn't it ridiculous that Cavs are so darn cute & adorable that we're even having this conversation! :l*v:

I agree 100%. Its just too easy to love EVERYTHING about a cavalier.