PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Dogs

MomObvious
23rd April 2013, 04:19 PM
I know there have been posts about the "best" dog shampoo but I am in LOVE with the Isle of Dogs Silk Oatmeal Sulfate Free Shampoo and the Silk Oatmeal Conditioner is like heaven in a bottle!!!!!!!

I have been using Earthbath since Fletcher was a puppy. I don't hate it but the Isle of Dogs is so much better. My parents gave Fletcher a gift card for a local pet store for his birthday (YES, we had a party!) and I have been struggling to learn to deal with real cavalier hair, Fletcher turned one in Feb. So I decided to try a new shampoo and maybe add a conditioner as well as the leave in spray once a week or as needed. I brush him everyday but still fine mats I needed to cut at to get out!!!!!!!

Well, after to run in the woods on Sunday and the rain yesterday morning, not to mention its serious pollen season Fletcher needed a bath. I used the Shampoo and Conditioner last night. Today I have the softest yummiest smelling dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I just wonder if it will help with the matting after a few weeks. I try not the bathe Fletcher but once every 8 weeks or so, guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Badge511
7th May 2013, 12:52 AM
I also use an Isle of Dog shampoo for my dog. It's their Salon Elements Sit Still. Works very well for me.

denali
7th May 2013, 07:38 AM
I LOVE Isle of Dogs!
I use the Salon Elements in my grooming salon, and also on my own dogs (but they get some of the others as well). The smell lasts for such a long time and they are always so soft and nice afterwards.
I doubt I will be changing shampoos for a while!

SCMSL
31st July 2013, 11:40 AM
Can you guys recommend me an online shop where I can buy Isle of Dogs products? They aren't sold in Portugal!

Lexie
25th August 2013, 09:12 PM
I like their shampoo too. I just used the Silky Oatmeal on my girls, they are soft & do smell good. :flwr:
I also like their Silky Coating shampoo.(it has the same scent) Does anyone recommend the brush spray?
I order my products from Amazon.com.

wolf23
26th August 2013, 01:53 AM
I recently went on their website and asked if they would send me some samples of some shampoo and conditioner that would work for a Cavalier and they obliged. I did not want to spend a lot on the product if I did not find that it works to my satisfaction. Unfortunately they could not send me the saloon/groomer type products because they do not make sample sizes of those but the ones they did send work very good and smell nice.

Lani
26th August 2013, 02:09 PM
I recently went on their website and asked if they would send me some samples of some shampoo and conditioner that would work for a Cavalier and they obliged. I did not want to spend a lot on the product if I did not find that it works to my satisfaction.

Thanks for this! I've been using the same shampoo forever ... tried others but haven't found anything better ...yet. I might see if they can send me a sample of that oatmeal shampoo for the boys. :)

MomObvious
26th August 2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks for this! I've been using the same shampoo forever ... tried others but haven't found anything better ...yet. I might see if they can send me a sample of that oatmeal shampoo for the boys. :)

I love the oatmeal your going to love it too! Fletcher is get a bath last week after camping he still smells so good and is super soft.

mason222
27th September 2013, 02:36 PM
Glad I saw this! Mason gets dandruff in the winter, so maybe I will start using now to be proactive!!