PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Cavalier found wandering the streets

HollyDolly
1st May 2013, 10:53 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4782495915438&set=a.1590063826631.236452.1086906647&type=3&theater) :bang: Nanette

meljoy
2nd May 2013, 07:26 PM
Heart breaking......poor little thing

:mad:

lindylou
2nd May 2013, 08:01 PM
broken hearted to see this beautiful breed looking like this

team bella
2nd May 2013, 11:11 PM
This has been upsetting me all day. I can't bear the thought that this little dog never knew what love was. I just hope someone held him close as he passed away. Someone has had this dog for some time and I hope someone who knows something comes forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anniemac
3rd May 2013, 12:17 AM
Is there a link to this story? It just pulls up a picture

cavalover
3rd May 2013, 07:42 PM
I hope he finds a loving home now. Looks like wherever he was before (clearly not walking around much with the state of those nails) was not a good situation. Maybe he can now be blessed with a new start

ByFloSin
3rd May 2013, 10:17 PM
I have read elsewhere that the poor old boy collapsed as a result of the state he was in, so the vet reluctantly made the decision to give him his wings. R.I.P. sweet boy. How I hope they find the person(s) who let this happen to you.

team bella
3rd May 2013, 10:26 PM
Please see below the message left on FB from the RSPCA officer who found this poor dog. Seems to be a suspicion that this was an old stud dog. So very sad. I also understand that this officer stroked and held this poor boy at his journey end. Some comfort at least. Something needs to change in this country to stop this disgusting treatment of dogs.

Here's what he had to say ....

I've read each and every post on here and I've been astounded by the amount of people offering to pay for this guys treatment and to offer him a loving home. Thank you very much for such great support, hopefully one thing will come from this and that's education talk to everyone you know about this incident. This may have been a stud dog or may even have just been bought as a pup from a farm years ago and left to rot in a cage. We see it all to often, This owner may have spent 500 quid on this dog but then won't afford him the basic love and care required. It is too easy to get a dog now of your choice of breed. There are hundreds of people throughout the UK making thousands and thousands out of this market. Ans yes the dogs including this one are the victims. If you here of someone vying a dog from a breeder ask them why, where from, have you seen the parent dogs? What condition where they in, environmental conditions? Etc etc I'm forever hearing people being met in car parks to pick up there new pup that they've 'ordered' on the internet. Then they are surprised when they get it home and it won't eat and is lethargic and then dies overnight. This happening on a daily basis. I know there has been over 3000 shares of this page. It would be great if it could be the start of something to turn the tides. If people stop buying these dogs people will eventually realize there is no money in it.

ByFloSin
4th May 2013, 04:58 PM
Please see below the message left on FB from the RSPCA officer who found this poor dog. Seems to be a suspicion that this was an old stud dog. So very sad. I also understand that this officer stroked and held this poor boy at his journey end. Some comfort at least. Something needs to change in this country to stop this disgusting treatment of dogs.

Here's what he had to say ....

I've read each and every post on here and I've been astounded by the amount of people offering to pay for this guys treatment and to offer him a loving home. Thank you very much for such great support, hopefully one thing will come from this and that's education talk to everyone you know about this incident. This may have been a stud dog or may even have just been bought as a pup from a farm years ago and left to rot in a cage. We see it all to often, This owner may have spent 500 quid on this dog but then won't afford him the basic love and care required. It is too easy to get a dog now of your choice of breed. There are hundreds of people throughout the UK making thousands and thousands out of this market. Ans yes the dogs including this one are the victims. If you here of someone vying a dog from a breeder ask them why, where from, have you seen the parent dogs? What condition where they in, environmental conditions? Etc etc I'm forever hearing people being met in car parks to pick up there new pup that they've 'ordered' on the internet. Then they are surprised when they get it home and it won't eat and is lethargic and then dies overnight. This happening on a daily basis. I know there has been over 3000 shares of this page. It would be great if it could be the start of something to turn the tides. If people stop buying these dogs people will eventually realize there is no money in it.

Fine words - very sensible and true too, but isn't he locking the stable door after the horse has gone? We seem to find most people who join lists like this join after they have got their prized puppy, rather than before, which is when they really need some advice.