• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

First Cavalier

Joyful

We are first time Cavalier King Charles parents to a now 10 week old male named Max. He is so tiny. I am wondering if anyone has experience with a puppy being so docile. He really only plays or runs hard if I physically take him outside or start throwing his toys. He is just so content to snuggle on our laps. I have no prior experience with puppies who were not into everything most of the time. I was just concerned maybe something was wrong. He is so darn lovable and the breeder say that he did not like to play as rough as his siblings did. Just asking for some feedback.

My little guy was docile even from the beginning of his puppy stage. He would gnaw on bones and play with his toys if we presented them to him, but for the most part was just very calm and cuddly. So long as the puppy is alert and easily arousable, it sounds like he may just have that very mellow personality. If you are concerned, you can bring him to your vet for some peace of mind. But, I can say that in comparison to the many puppies I have helped raise in the past (to include labs, golden retrievers, German shepherds, border collies, chihuahuas), my cavalier was by far the most mellow of the puppies I have encountered

I'd say you are just lucky :rotfl:. I didn't have Gracie as a puppy but at 3.5 years old now she does not like to play often or very rough. Lady on the other hand is a wild one and has a ridiculous amount of energy. She could play fetch or wrestle all day long. It's probably just his personality :). Also, as he gets older he could get more energy and want to play more often. Lady slept the whole time from about 8-12 weeks. She didn't start getting rowdy until she was about 4-5 months and its just progressed from there!

Back