• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just Joined...Yay!!!!

Christin1994

Hello, I'm Christin and I'm a high school senior who has been browsing the forum for a couple of months now. I unfortunately don't have a cavalier ,but I've been searching,first with a breeder (back in June of last year)then with the SPCA in my county(where I hope to adopt from). I've loved the cavalier since seeing Lady and the Tramp when I was a kid. l hope to gain more knowledge about the breed and make a few friends while on this forum/board.
God Bless:eek:

Hi Christin,
My own daughter is a senior and busy making college plans. First, you should know that Lady from Lady and the Tramp is not a cavalier, she's a cocker. I know lots of people don't get that but....I am also a huge Disney fan too. I suggest you look into rescue, there is a list of rescue groups in the cavaleir breed rescue forum. Plus like you I became a member before I got a cavalier of my own and the knowledge I learned was EVERYTHING. I gained a huge wealth of knowledge about cavalier health issues, breeding protocals, dog/puppy training, how to care for my cavalier...I could go on and on. If you don't know much about the breed please start with health!!! I cannot stress that enough! Go to www.cavalierhealth.org and read learn and completely UNDERSTAND what faces this "perfect" breed. Spend time reading the forum about grooming..believe me we are have had to come to terms with all the fluffy dogs and their hair. Ask questions...lots of questions, no questions will is too simple but be prepared their are few easy answers. Basically, know what you are really getting into and be prepared for it before you get a puppy.
Please excuse the lecture, we all love this breed and want to advocate for owners to know EVERYTHING they should BEFORE they bring home their furbaby.

Thanks, I will definitely do as you suggested. When I adopt it will be from the SPCA of North Brevard...hopefully soon.

Back