• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi everyone - and some advice on heart failure?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the board so just thought I would take the time to introduce myself - and of course my cavvy!

My name is Ellie and I own a 9 year old tri coloured cavalier named Elizabeth Taylor! Unfortunatley I am most certainly not guilty of picking the name , this was my Mums choice who sadly passed away July 2009.

Like most on here I am well and truley smitten for my pooch ! Sadly earlier this week I received the heart breaking news that every king charles owner dreads, that she is showing signs of early heart failure. This has really hit home for me as although I know its every dogs destinity, I dread the day we have to say goodbye - I just can't imagine my life without her anymore. The vet has put her on prilactone and fortekor tablets currently and so far she seems to be getting on well with these, I have noticed she has stopped coughing as often as she was doing. She has Got to go back in 10 days for a review. She is a little overweight, so she is now having 2 short walks a day and no treats other than fresh chicken occasionally. It would be lovely If anyone who has experienced this could provide me with any advice - or if anyone else's cavalier is going through the same?

Anyway- enough of that, I am really looking forward to hearing all about your cavvies!
Please feel free to introduce yourself and your doggies in reply to my thread :) pics would be lovely!
I have attached a few piccies of my beautiful girl - hope you all like!
(Sorry if the pics are wrong way round I have no idea how to rotate)

1411ell.jpg
[/IMG]
301hrpu.jpg
[/IMG]
35mnrq8.jpg
[/IMG]
snjqr5.jpg
[/IMG]

Back